Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im thinking of going turbo ,but still debating this since you have to be more carefull with the turbo than going N/A so here is my question i have a Base (rsx) 5 speed and would it come out cheaper to make my base a type- R or making it turbo , also what is what i need to make it a type - r or would i need the type-s to make it into the type -r ?

·
fizz chicago
1,059 Posts
type r will cost a little more, depending how much you buy the motor and how much for labor swapping...turbo will run you almost the same price installed...you can go type s and just change the internals and make it as fast a type r..or you can just get a k20a motor..up to you...whether you want n/a or boost..

btw...search my friend..theres a lot of info in the hybrid/swap section about the k20a

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
turbo base versus a k20a will not be hella quicker...off the line perhaps, but do not underestimate the k20a. Kinda like saying a turbo GSR will smoke a typer dc2....yes and no.

I am thinking the same though....turbo k20a3 or k20a swap...im leaning k20a swap as it will then swap the crappy tranny and we will gain an lsd.

·
It's は時間行く!!!
36 Posts
Pearl_RSX said:
Well im thinking of going turbo ,but still debating this since you have to be more carefull with the turbo than going N/A so here is my question i have a Base (rsx) 5 speed and would it come out cheaper to make my base a type- R or making it turbo , also what is what i need to make it a type - r or would i need the type-s to make it into the type -r ?
Either way it will cost you a good amount of cash $4,000+. Take your pick.

·
Registered
506 Posts
breakdown said:
Either way it will cost you a good amount of cash $4,000+. Take your pick.

True, but if he picks the K20A swap, he can make back some of the money by selling his base engine and tranny.(If he finds someone that wants to buy it.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.