Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the visual differences (exterior and interior) between a base rsx and a type-s? list the most minor differences to the major differences

·
Registered
13 Posts
Badges :thumbsup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Seach but because I am nice....
base:unpainted side skirts, badges, smaller exhaust tip, comes with cloth seats (for some), comes in auto (for some), top speed on the speedometer is 140 compared to type s with 160, has eternal blue, taffeta white, ect...

type s: 6speed maual only, standard leather seats, bigger exhaust tip, comes in arctic blue, in dash 6cd changer, ect....

·
PReLuDe UseR
533 Posts

You have tight drivers who have the Type-S like this guy above!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
If your a girl, and have an RSX, you most likely have the BASE RSX. Im not dissing the base, cause I have one, and its not a girly car. However, the base has the automatic transmission, and since women like to talk on the cell phone, put on make up, and drive at the same time, the auto tranny suits them better.

I dont know about you other guys, but I think more better looking people drive the base :p more women vs the type s :)

·
is Ultradian Bipolar
307 Posts
If your a girl, and have an RSX, you most likely have the BASE RSX. Im not dissing the base, cause I have one, and its not a girly car. However, the base has the automatic transmission, and since women like to talk on the cell phone, put on make up, and drive at the same time, the auto tranny suits them better.
careful, my wife loves manual and she loves dropping gears and smoking guys that think their cool. even though i tell her not to play around, she takes my car anychance she can. besides she makes sure she looks good even before getting in.

doesnt the base have more tourque in the lower gears? alot of different factors went in to buying a base over type-s. its really what your preferance is. both are great cars

shouldnt this be in VS. fourum?

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
base if u r into daily driving from point a to point b

type s if u r into daily driving from point a to point b...but u don't mind take hte detour through point C to test out acceleration/handling.

·
28,748 Posts
Coloured Side Skirts and front lip
Different Colours
Badges
Bigger Exhaust
Slightly Lower
Standard Leather
Slightly better sound System and HU
40 More Hp
Bigger Rotors
Gunmetal rims in Canada
I THINK it gets a block heater....
Slightly less mileage
Higher Octane gas

I think thats all of the differences.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Super DC5 said:
Don't forget larger disc brakes, and better looking drivers ;)
Heh, better looking drivers?! I'd beg to differ on that one. :)

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
crazy said:
I think that's just for Canada, b/c the front lip on the base and S are the same as far as I know in America. :dontknow: The base has the black sideskirts, S has colormatched side skirts.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
MikeRSX said:
However, the base has the automatic transmission, and since women like to talk on the cell phone, put on make up, and drive at the same time, the auto tranny suits them better.
You must be referring to a specific category of women b/c I don't do any of the above and I have the automatic version. :thumbsup: Talking on a cell phone in NY is illegal unless you are doing the "hands free" thing, and my make up is done before I ever put the tranny in drive. :)

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
crazy said:
Different Colours
Badges
Bigger Exhaust
Slightly Lower
Standard Leather
Slightly better sound System and HU
40 More Hp
Bigger Rotors
Gunmetal rims in Canada
I THINK it gets a block heater....
Slightly less mileage
Higher Octane gas

I think thats all of the differences.
WE HAVE A BLOCK HEATER?!! I COULD USE IT SINCE ITS FREEZING IN MI!

Wait...dont u have to plug it in? I think its an option, around 50 bucks...correct me if im wrong.

·
28,748 Posts
Yeah, sorry, I made a mistake, the heater is a plug-in option. My bad.

And I think on near the bottom of the lip the base's bumper has a black plastic piece.....i've seen it many times.......unless its different in the USD version.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
yeah, us base owners have a black plastic lip on the front, the Type-S one is painted.

however, if u get the OEm package, u'll have colored sides and front lip, even on a base.

as for slightly lower, i highly doubt it's even noticeable, even if u put them side by side, because it's 5.9" versus 6". but it's still true, so i guess u're right.

·
28,748 Posts
Yeah, both the base and the S get the same, coloured body kit.

Yeah, you have to look really closely to see it and you only really notice the height difference when they both have the same body kit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts