Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
imma take an educated guess on that assuming higher compression would give it a louder sound.

tuan

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
only way it can be done is to do the intake manifold/throttle body swap! i think that would achieve it?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
i don't know no one has ever done it, i've been tempted too but i don't know everything i would need... like i know u need intake manifold and the throttle body, but i don't know if u wouldn't just need the whole type-s head... as soon as i find a type-s head in canada i will let u know :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
only way i think you could get it like a type-s is if u get the Apexi V-AFC II and change your vtec point or do a type-s head swap

·
Registered
75 Posts
Intake, header, exhaust and apexi Vafc II will make it sound closer my intial engaging vtec point is 3600 and it screams now....not quite as loud but louder for sure !!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Uhm... Guys, y'all are pretty lame. Throttle body swaps and Intake Manifolds? Uhm... no.

The Base's iVTec activates at an ascending 2,200 RPMs. This is for fuel economy, not performance. There is no performance iVTec on our cars. The reason it doesn't get louder is because it doesn't change the exhaust valve cam profile. Increasing the Vtec point is pretty stupid. It makes you slower, it's just pretty much ricey. If you want a real iVTec that alters both the intake and exhaust cam profiles, the performance iVTec that makes that louder booming noise that seems to fascinate you, then do a K20A2 head swap. That is the only thing that will give you a real VTec. The Base RSX does not have a real VTec, it has emissions profiles that are based on the same VTec principle.

·
Registered
335 Posts
you will need the k20a2 head swap and type s pistions and ecu. there is someone on the boards with a k20a2 head swap and he still has no vtec pop.

·
6,981 Posts
EVega said:
only way i think you could get it like a type-s is if u get the Apexi V-AFC II and change your vtec point or do a type-s head swap
Changing your VTEC point won't do a thing for the screaming. You're always in 'VTEC' above 2200 rpms stock as is.
Rsxstacy said:
Intake, header, exhaust and apexi Vafc II will make it sound closer my intial engaging vtec point is 3600 and it screams now....not quite as loud but louder for sure !!
No offence, but it sounds like you have no clue what you're doing. What benefit do you think you're getting from raising the VTEC point?

·
Registered
529 Posts
My K20A3 powered EP3 is so cool, VTEC comes on at 1800 RPMs. Picture below (Check the vtec solenoid) ;)

And, I can rev over Hondata's 7700 RPM limit:

Still waiting on Hondata for answers, those were capture with the Honda Diagnostic System Tablet...which is a bling bling (Alittle over $6k) scanner.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Eat it tenth...i work for a local tuner shop and my car dynoed with fine air to fuel and i got 4 more hp and 6 torque for raising the vtec engagement...The rsx base tends to bog down low whats why i changed the engagment and it works fine for me....Keep your lame opinions to yourself next time.....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Other base owners have done this as well with fine results....

·
Registered
529 Posts
Rsxstacy, please please please provide us with before and after dyno pictures and figures. I would love to see (Not that I don't believe you) but I wanna know!! Also, what are your fuel trim settings for each RPM increment? Who turned your V-AFC? If you can get us pics of your dyno figures with VTEC at stock and VTEC at 3600 RPMs with gains you'd be a god :thumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
If i can find them they are yours...a place called davenport motorsports dyno tuned my car...The gains may have been from the jus fixing my air to fuel and not from the vtec engagment point at all.??? My car runs super smooth and thats all i know. I wasnt there for the tuning my boss took the car and brought it back after they were done. I can say that the mod was well worth it and i dont feel that weird lil hesitation that was felt in first and second when you hit 2200.....I will try to find the dynos i think they are still at rpm...I dont mean to be a dick to tenth but people always ask for new mods then rag on people who try different things. If you dont have anything constructive say dont say anything at all or dont expect anything from me. I could care less what mods you do to your car (its your car so do as you will). Im jus trying to help you find more mods to increase your power...Peace

·
Registered
75 Posts
Another member HondaDC5 also has this done with similar results try to pm him as well

·
6,981 Posts
Rsxstacy said:
If i can find them they are yours...a place called davenport motorsports dyno tuned my car...The gains may have been from the jus fixing my air to fuel and not from the vtec engagment point at all.??? My car runs super smooth and thats all i know. I wasnt there for the tuning my boss took the car and brought it back after they were done. I can say that the mod was well worth it and i dont feel that weird lil hesitation that was felt in first and second when you hit 2200.....I will try to find the dynos i think they are still at rpm...I dont mean to be a dick to tenth but people always ask for new mods then rag on people who try different things. If you dont have anything constructive say dont say anything at all or dont expect anything from me. I could care less what mods you do to your car (its your car so do as you will). Im jus trying to help you find more mods to increase your power...Peace
Hey bud, just chill. I was simply asking for an explanation as to how operating on 12 valves instead of 16 for a longer period of time could possibly increase performance.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts