Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I recently bought my first car a 2003 Base RSX and about about a month and half of owning the car the new battery started dying each night. I took it to a autoshop to have it checked out and they said it was the back up fuse causing the drain. They told me to take it to a electrical shop to get it fixed. So before I go pay to get it checked on again, I searched here in hopes to find a fix. Unfortunately I couldn't find a answer on a post with the same problem. There is no after market stuff on the car that I know of besides this LED light strip for the back license plate and a big wire that comes through the bottom carpet to the trunk of the car that might have been to a aftermarket system? I already tried a new fuse and cleaning the battery terminals, also if I remove the back up fuse the battery doesn't drain. If anyone has any fixes please help.

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
Do you have a volt meter?
You can pull the ground off the battery then go into the fuse box and one by one test for power.
Something is still getting power and this can help narrow down your search.
Electrical issues suck and I hate them

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a volt meter?
You can pull the ground off the battery then go into the fuse box and one by one test for power.
Something is still getting power and this can help narrow down your search.
Electrical issues suck and I hate them
Hey Type-Spaz, yes they did that at the autoshop and I did it my self just to make sure. And the fuse that was still getting power was the 7.5 back up fuse. :(

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
The wire off the under-dash fusebox is yellow. Somewhere down the line; someone has tapped it (spliced into it) to run something else (likely something aftermarket). The LED strip is a likely suspect as it wouldn't draw much extra current from a 7.5 amp source anyway. But that circuit is always on; as it runs the keyless, the security, and the multiplexor. I'd start with the mystery wire and terminate it. If you know who owned it before; you could just ask them what they screwed with and where it was. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts