Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 rsx base, my battery would die after 1-3 days when not being driven. I took it to the mechanic and did a parasitic draw test and found that the 7.5 fuse is drawing power while the car is off, i had the alarm system replaced but the car is still dying. When we took out the fuse from the after market alarm the car did not die, the mechanic then took out the fuse for the base alarm but the battery still dies when the aftermarket alarm has its fuse in. What seems to be the problem?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have the same issue. Some have a big draw from the cluster, but unplugging didn't help me. Did you get the draw amount unplugged? There will always be a draw and you need that to see if it's more than normal. The small battery doesn't help and I'm thinking of going to a 34 size battery. You can get to the back of the cluster and unplug one or both of the plugs if your draw is above normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 05 rsx base, my battery would die after 1-3 days when not being driven. I took it to the mechanic and did a parasitic draw test and found that the 7.5 fuse is drawing power while the car is off, i had the alarm system replaced but the car is still dying. When we took out the fuse from the after market alarm the car did not die, the mechanic then took out the fuse for the base alarm but the battery still dies when the aftermarket alarm has its fuse in. What seems to be the problem?
I did not test the draw after unplugging the after market alarm fuse. But i was just thinking i should try that. I wont be able to do that intill monday .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts