Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Special Olympics Winner
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty i searched around to make sure this isnt a fail repost but i need to know if my battery is dieing or if its my alternator. What happens is when my car is sitting for a long time when i go to start it the starter really has to go before it will start once its running if i turn it off itll start normaly like the alternator is doing its job. It appears that lthe battery is loosing its charge while it is unused :noes:.

I have killed the battery twise and had to get it boosted left my lights on:shakehead. Im pretty sure its my battery but i would like your sides before i go pay to find out what it is.. It was a pretty cold morning today and it almost didnt want to start im getting scared to leave it for a week to go the USA and come back to a dead car.

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,240 Posts
batteries don't like to be fully discharged. if you've killed it twice by leaving the lights on and it loses charge after sitting for a while, it's pretty obvious you need a new battery.

·
Special Olympics Winner
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thought so my friends dad told me to try charging the battery to full with a seperate charger besides the alternator gonna give that whirl ..

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
Battery is most likely fried. If the trickle charge doesn't *really* work, take it to autozone or some other auto parts store and have them check it/ replace it.

·
Special Olympics Winner
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah car batterys run from like what 200-300$ right there not expensive are they

·
Maldito Goldo
1,100 Posts
sorry to crash the thread but,

What's the best battery for cars with audio systems so when the sub hits the light won't dim?

·
Registered
30 Posts
yeah car batterys run from like what 200-300$ right there not expensive are they
wow, first post, sweet...

A batt should not run more than $100, unless you are getting an optima or something like that.

Hey LT!

Eric

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,240 Posts
Yeah thought so my friends dad told me to try charging the battery to full with a seperate charger besides the alternator gonna give that whirl ..
if a properly functioning alternator can't keep the battery charged, then using a separate charger won't work either. the battery has internal wear or damage in the cells and needs to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts