381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm running a simple set up in my base-
Alpine 9886 single din
Kicker DS650 Coaxial 6.5" door speakers
Alpine Type-R 6.5" in the rear panels
Rockford Fosgate 650.2 monoblock amp
2x 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 punch series subs

this week i'm looking to get a double din (pioneer AVH-P4200DVD)
and an amp for my highs (probably the nine.2)
a second battery to power amps, etc.
and switching to components for the doors (this is still up for grabs, top 3 are more important)

my first question is- seeing as my battery has already eaten the dirt once with just my subs running- what main battery do you guys use?
as for the second battery, i've seen a lot of good things about the kinetic audio batteries, i would only need one of these, correct?

·
99 probsand no stolen car
145 Posts
Do the big three upgrade and add a kinetic battery. The kinetic battery will give you the reserve playtime over your stock battery. I switched out all of my optima batteries and now support them. Better warranty and less issues. Also make sure that your factory battery is up to par and your charging system before going any futher. If your factory battery is bad from the go then replace it. Once a factory battery goes dead its never the same.

·
Captain Slow
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do the big three upgrade and add a kinetic battery. The kinetic battery will give you the reserve playtime over your stock battery. I switched out all of my optima batteries and now support them. Better warranty and less issues. Also make sure that your factory battery is up to par and your charging system before going any futher. If your factory battery is bad from the go then replace it. Once a factory battery goes dead its never the same.

thanks, that's what i thought. I am replacing my main battery as well, it's been in the car since i bought it and from the looks of it.. a while before that too.

so, normal main battery (as long as it is up to par)
big3 upgrade
kinetic battery for the back

right?

·
Registered
106 Posts
are you blasting ur shit with the car turned off all the time or what?

·
Captain Slow
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, not at all, but i drive for my job and do enjoy it rather loud. my main battery is very old which has a little to do with it eating shit on me.

main reason i'm running the second battery is for exactly that, not killing my main one- whether i play it with the car off or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts