Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Here goes nothing
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized this was legal in ST, though admittedly a lot of work. Has anyone done it? Seems like it'd be a ~3% shift in weight distribution if you sent it to the trunk.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
but then you will also need to run a long length of thick wire to the back too
in the end, the car will be heavier by less than 1% :p

·
- - - - - - -
3,186 Posts
Don't do it, there's no benefit from it other than making space in the engine compartment. The electrical signal is weakened by the relocation, added cost of purchasing a container and tie down to seal it from the cabin, and the weight shift isn't exactly desirable in a ff car.

·
Here goes nothing
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not about to do it. Still on 80K stock suspension for starters :D Just curious if anyone else went to the trouble. LW battery is a much more realistic and short-term option for me.

·
Autox/Track whore?
4,123 Posts
Yep, that's exactly what I'm planning on getting. I like the 11lb battery but realistically, I'll probably end up with the 15lb battery since I have one of those two-way alarms and occassionally drive the car out in the winter. Considering my duralast gold battery is 33.5lbs, that's gonna be some nice weight savings on the driver side of the car.

·
- - - - - - -
3,186 Posts
I went from a small buddyclub battery back to an Optima. Optima only because I needed a battery now. Those small ones don't last too long, i tell ya.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
I may be relocating my battery. Mainly for security purposes, so it's not really relevant to this thread, and I don't even own an RSX, but keep a look out for a thread I make if i end up doing it.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Ok, I got this kit....

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6batt.htm

It moves a 28lb battery from the left ft to the right rear. The hardest part was finding a safe route for the power cable. As for is it worth it? I think so, the battery is a heat sorce and it blocks out side air from comming into the under hood area. you also get to remove the battery tray........ :thumbsup:

·
DC5 Krew
2,827 Posts
first u should go get ur car corner balanced to find out if it should be relocated

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts