Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it was bound to happen sometime...my undefeated streak has been broken! I finished in second at the Redline Time Attack event at Autobahn Country Club by just a fraction over a second. Overall, I felt pretty good being only a second behind considering that:

- I had 9 laps in the car all weekend on Sunday (6 were competition laps) and no practice - on a normal weekend I'll probably get about 30 in for practice

- I hadn't been to Autobahn with the RSX in 2 years

- The RSX had no testing or tuning whatsoever, this was the first time being in the car in 10 months

- I was fighting a fever amony many other things that day

- I had considerably less power than any of the other finishers (215whp to be exact)...in fact, I had heard that the guy who beat me has over 500whp (if that is the case, my hat is off to him...because that's a TON of power!)

Anyway, enough with the excuses! I'll give it my best shot again in Nashville. Until then, here are a few pics.

ME = SAD b/c I KILLED THE RUCKUS IN THE PADDOCK AND DIDN'T REALIZE IT HAD A KICK-START

My dog Charlie is a winner, too!

·
I Don't Even
9,180 Posts
sucks that you had a fever during the race:thumbsdow

still one of my fav dc5's since all the parts are being used for what their made for:thumbsup::beerchug:

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately, I don't have many more pics of the trophy girl...I think she was getting irritated with my crew because all I know is that we have about 15 signed photos made out to different people, lol!

I've got about 78,000 miles on the engine and tranny right now. Have yet to have a single major issue yet...thank goodness.

Will it be your first time out? If so, then I'd say just be mindful of how you apply brakes, be smooth and don't feel bad about being slow. You'll naturally pick up speed as your comfort level increases. Other than that, have fun and prepare to be addicted!

·
OMG DC5
7,012 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't have many more pics of the trophy girl...I think she was getting irritated with my crew because all I know is that we have about 15 signed photos made out to different people, lol!

I've got about 78,000 miles on the engine and tranny right now. Have yet to have a single major issue yet...thank goodness.

Will it be your first time out? If so, then I'd say just be mindful of how you apply brakes, be smooth and don't feel bad about being slow. You'll naturally pick up speed as your comfort level increases. Other than that, have fun and prepare to be addicted!
yeah this is my 1st. thanks 4 the tip:thumbsup:

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. You'll have fun. Just remember gradual and smooth...as you pick up speed your inputs will as well. But as an example, even now, I'll never yank on the wheel or jam on the brakes...even though it may appear that way, it's all a pretty linear process of inputs. Hope all goes well!

·
space 4 rent advertise.
1,059 Posts
your first in my book. your car looks sick. what did you lose to btw?

·
CLUBRSX Supporter
2,038 Posts
Looks like fun

·
OMG DC5
7,012 Posts
Cool. You'll have fun. Just remember gradual and smooth...as you pick up speed your inputs will as well. But as an example, even now, I'll never yank on the wheel or jam on the brakes...even though it may appear that way, it's all a pretty linear process of inputs. Hope all goes well!
ill keep u posted:thumbsup:

·
Andy wuz here
19,454 Posts
cars lookin good, too bad u had to loose, but given you had a fever 2nd place aint bad at all

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's actually funny because when I was in the car I hardly noticed it at all...other than when I was sitting still and strapped in...but before, after sessions and definitely after the race I was completely useless. I actually felt like being sick probably didn't hold me back much, but getting pretty much zero practice was a killer. It made things fun for the announcer because with each lap I was knocking off whole entire seconds, so it made me sound like a champ...even was leading through most of the second timed session, but unfortunately that 500whp SRT beast was able to mutilate my times by ripping it up in the straights.

If actually thought about boost, but the main problem is that I hardly have enough money to participate. That's why my car hasn't really changed at all since I got serious about driving. It's been essentially the same since 2007. I wouldn't need much power, IMO...if I could keep the same type of powerband and driveability but increase power to about the 265-300 range, I think that's all I'd need. I just need useable power. Oh well...next race is in Nashville and I've run fairly well there despite that it's termed a power track, so hopefully I can win one back.

·
Mep Meeep Mepmep
1,488 Posts
It's actually funny because when I was in the car I hardly noticed it at all...other than when I was sitting still and strapped in...but before, after sessions and definitely after the race I was completely useless. I actually felt like being sick probably didn't hold me back much, but getting pretty much zero practice was a killer. It made things fun for the announcer because with each lap I was knocking off whole entire seconds, so it made me sound like a champ...even was leading through most of the second timed session, but unfortunately that 500whp SRT beast was able to mutilate my times by ripping it up in the straights.

If actually thought about boost, but the main problem is that I hardly have enough money to participate. That's why my car hasn't really changed at all since I got serious about driving. It's been essentially the same since 2007. I wouldn't need much power, IMO...if I could keep the same type of powerband and driveability but increase power to about the 265-300 range, I think that's all I'd need. I just need useable power. Oh well...next race is in Nashville and I've run fairly well there despite that it's termed a power track, so hopefully I can win one back.
i see an S/C in your future sir :thumbsup:

but by all means dont get it untill you can get it and still compete with enough money for repairs and whatnot

i may be spectating at nashville so ill keep an eye out for you if i am able to go

1 - 20 of 48 Posts