Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have cai, and am planning on buying apexi gt spec exhaust. i plan on getting hondata, but i was wonderin if i should buy a header? i live in cali and race headers are illegal, so im not going to buy a race header, and i heard from diff people that shorty headers arent really worth it, and that the stock header is better than shorty headers..

·
In Your Mouth
430 Posts
Hondata should be your next mod before you get a header or exhaust. As for the header, don't expect too much power from a shorty. Either get a JR RH with a Carsound cat, or stay stock until something that's better and legal comes out.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
DC5RSX said:
Hondata should be your next mod before you get a header or exhaust. As for the header, don't expect too much power from a shorty. Either get a JR RH with a Carsound cat, or stay stock until something that's better and legal comes out.
Go with Hondata.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I've got my CAI and exhaust.. I was going to get the race header next, but I've decided to splurge and get the K-Pro ($995 off CRSX store)! Then anywhere I go from here I can program the ECU to whatever I just added (header, cams, valve springs, etc.).

If you have the money you can go that way now, or get a flash then upgrade later (still $1000 in the end with a $500 upgrade). Just another option if you have not decided on what you want.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Scud said:
I've got my CAI and exhaust.. I was going to get the race header next, but I've decided to splurge and get the K-Pro ($995 off CRSX store)! Then anywhere I go from here I can program the ECU to whatever I just added (header, cams, valve springs, etc.).

If you have the money you can go that way now, or get a flash then upgrade later (still $1000 in the end with a $500 upgrade). Just another option if you have not decided on what you want.

Good choice. Also a good choice ordering from Clubrsx. Chris has done a good job making sure everything goes as smoothly as possible when ordering Hondata. You are also supporting our site. Id hate to have to pay for this. :thumbsdow

Anyway, may I suggest you NOT get it tuned until you are done modding. I would just use one of the programs alreay loaded on the ecu until your done with your mods. To properly tune the ecu, you need at least a days worth of tuning, and that my friend can cost an arm and a nut, so I hate to do it twice. :nervous:

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
hondata

1 - 9 of 9 Posts