2005 Evo VIII MR
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
2005 Evo VIII MR
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I shall do that later on tonight, got work soon.

·
2005 Evo VIII MR
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Race header brands updated..

·
Registered
894 Posts
what is the advantage Stainless Steel over ceramic for race header?

·
2005 Evo VIII MR
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I believe it is alot more durable and..shit it's stainless steel, other than that I think it's the same performance gain wise..

·
rsxdc5
153 Posts
Cold Air Intakes can cause hydrolock if too much water comes in contact with the airfilter, what if you were to put a cloth water repellent shield over the filter to keep a lot more water out of the air filter. Injen makes some of these covers. what do you think about the cover: yes, no, or good idea???

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
nokiaeggs said:
Cold Air Intakes can cause hydrolock if too much water comes in contact with the airfilter, what if you were to put a cloth water repellent shield over the filter to keep a lot more water out of the air filter. Injen makes some of these covers. what do you think about the cover: yes, no, or good idea???
you aren't going to hydrolock...the filter has to be submerged for it to actually happen...don't drive through any lakes and you'll be fine

·
2005 Evo VIII MR
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
nokiaeggs said:
Actually, Injen makes a Hydro Shield that goes over your filter, I believe someone made a review on it.

·
rsxdc5
153 Posts
the only reason i am asking about the hyrdo shield is because the other day we caught a real bad rain and the streets were really flooded and i need to get somewhere. my car wasn't drowning but there was a lot of water. i was just wondering if i were to get it, would it block some of the air being taken in messing with the intakes operation?

·
2005 Evo VIII MR
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
2005 Evo VIII MR
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
naRsx12 said:
:thumbsup: x2 Great job, very informational, sure helped me on my decision on cai vs. sri
I'm happy that my info helped you out. :D

·
F22C
323 Posts
nokiaeggs said:
can you put a type-s or type-r intake manifold on a base rsx?????? and also, are the skunk 2 coilovers better than others or are you just paying for the name?????
yes you can, you would need a k-pro to tune and the type s or type r TB, or any:dontknow: , search the threads for a review on skunk2's coilovers, i dont really know anything about them.

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
nokiaeggs said:
can you put a type-s or type-r intake manifold on a base rsx?????? and also, are the skunk 2 coilovers better than others or are you just paying for the name?????
Not worth putting a manifold on the base motors. Skunk2 coilovers are rubbish if I recall correctly....

21 - 40 of 677 Posts