Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just turned 16 and got the car. It's nice but I kinda want a little more than a air intake and a cat back exhaust and a new racing clutch. Got any ideas? Edit: My budget is roughly 5 thousand, I have decent mechanic knowledge. I'm not good with parts though. Trying to make up to maybe 250hp. Ive got maybe 220 right now.

·
Registered
978 Posts
You should do research. How do you know you want more than that? Bolt ons with a good tune can put you well into the 200 hp range. You need to figure out what you want out of the car before you start blowing money on parts. It adds up quickly.

·
Super Moderator
23,761 Posts
We have no knowledge of your product knowledge, mechanical knowledge and budget.
We can't make those decisions for you.

Want more upgrades than the standard intake/header/exhaust/tune?

Then find an RBS intake manifold, cams and injectors next.

Got money aside, go with a bolt on supercharger setup with tune.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just turned 16 and got the car. It's nice but I kinda want a little more than a air intake and a cat back exhaust and a new racing clutch. Got any ideas? Edit: My budget is roughly 5 thousand, I have decent mechanic knowledge. I'm not good with parts though. Trying to make up to maybe 250hp. Ive got maybe 220 right now.
As mfarmakis17 mentioned...YOU don't NEED a "racing clutch" Yet. That only confirms you NEED to read up! I would highly recommend against lightweight flywheel or pully's. There's simple almost free things you can do. Like routing around the T/B heater hose along with the intake to get a colder charge. You have to start somewhere so a intake and exhaust is a precursor to anything else you do. I was surprised Type-Spaz recommended a super charger, always thought he was more of a turbo guy? READ READ READ, and remain calm, your to young to fuc yourself. Leave that to other people who misguide you.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I say drive the car how it is and master double clutching, rev match downshifting, what is the best gear to be in for passing etc.
Do a fuck ton of research and determine if you NEED this part or just WANT this part. Learn what this part does and why you need it. A lot of new Type-S owners I know just slap on a bunch of random parts not reaping the full benefits of the parts or getting the full potential out of them and it can sometimes look like a waste.
Remember adding performance parts often times is a double edge sword; loudness, fitment issues, rubbing/scrapping, rattling, attracts more unwanted attention, ppl complaining.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts