Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some ksport coilvers for a really good deal the fronts were slightly bented and the back is flawless, the asorber on the fronts seems bent like barely though. It seems I can still mount it on but I'm not sure if it'd be driveable.

I was planning to sell my springs to get the asorber repaired, but in order to do that I would have to put something on my car to ride on for a bit. Would you think it's safe to ride on a sort of bent shock asorber?

I would really advise against it seeing it can really throw my alignment off, but I'm not sure what would you guys recommend?

Cheap way out and unbend it myself? HAHA I'm kidding, but yeah, if you dont have any positive feedback then just don't respond i need serious answers.

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
pics would help. is the damper bent? the shaft? the mounting bracket? front or rear? you've really given us no information whatsoever

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I'll take a picture just for you LOL, I kid let me grab my camera, sorry for the incovience give me 2 minutes.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
dude don't ever put anything bent out of its normal shape on the car

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay nevermind I'm taking henrys advice, thanks buddy. I guess I'm going to stick to driving with springs for now.

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kpro would help that bend wouldnt it =P

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will kpro solve my relationship problems? lol im kidding, so I guess unbending these asorbers are out of the question. I'm going to give k sport a call tommarow and see how mcuh it is to replace it.

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
will kpro solve my relationship problems? lol im kidding, so I guess unbending these asorbers are out of the question. I'm going to give k sport a call tommarow and see how mcuh it is to replace it.
ohhhh you said Ksport......thiers your probelm.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
:rotfl:

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
There is a limit to how big of a perfectionist some car people can be...

There is a limit to how cheap of car person you can be.

Brand new K-sports are cheap.

Saving some money and buying bent K-sports..? Talk about being real cheap.. :shakehead

1 - 13 of 13 Posts