Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05' RSX Type S
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ended up in a front end collision with a coyote on the highway. Replacing radiator and AC condenser but the radiator support is bent up in the front about a half inch. This is causing fitment issues with the radiator and AC condenser. I've been nailing it with a hammer and 2x4 but it doesn't seem to want to move. Any suggestions, or ideas?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Have you tried applying heat? Not sure if a propane torch would work, maybe two. Dude in the thread below had it way worse than you, but he used a jack with a pry bar.

·
Registered
05' RSX Type S
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried applying heat? Not sure if a propane torch would work, maybe two. Dude in the thread below had it way worse than you, but he used a jack with a pry bar.

I haven't tried that but that's a good idea. Saw that post but that won't work for me because it's only the front part that was bent up, in that post there's like a large dent that pushed the entire support up. I'll try heat next but something tells me I'll have to use zip ties or something to bolt in the new condenser because I have a feeling I won't be able to get the holes lined up perfectly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Body shops have a specialty tool that uses air and hydraulic pressure to move it with the various attachments that will fit in the area you are trying to tackle not sure if you can rent said tool and I would imagine it would be to expensive to purchase for a one time use.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I forgot exactly how but I've done this on a car before. The bottom rad support was bent up. I used a floor jack and used a heavy duty tow strap. Something about running the strap over the frame support then looped it through the bottom of the jack, so opposite forces would bend the rad support frame back down. Cheap and easy to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts