Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let a friend drive my car and I guess he was punching it into gear and now gears 1, 3, and 5 dont work. I searched around and found that it could be bent shift forks but sometimes I can push it into third and it works but I have to hold it in place. First and fifth dont work at all. Also I can put it into 1, 3, and 5 without pushing in the clutch while the cars running. I just need confirmation that the shift forks are bent and its not anything else. Thanks.

·
DSM DC5
341 Posts
yea cause if you have cold air intake the sometimes block the shift lever from shifting into the top gears just move it out of the way and you should be good

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not the cai, it clears the shift lever fine. It also feels really mushy when i try to shift into the top 3 gears.

·
The Portuguese Stig
835 Posts
Have you looked at the slave cylinder to see if it is physically actuating the shift fork?
:rotfl: The slave cylinder actuating the shift fork? Like the blinker fluid leaking and the muffler bearings lose! :run:

I wouldn't say that all the forks are bent because then it would act funky on the 2-4-6 as well. And why would all 3 bend at the same time.

That kind of sounds like broken syncro cone but all 3 at once is weird. Well if you want, send it to me and I can look at for free.

·
CLUBRSX.com Supporter
3,684 Posts
^^Ummmh he's talking about the slave cylinder engaging on the clutch fork. Nothing funny about that.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do I just shift and watch if the shift fork moves? Should I do it with the car on and off or does it not matter? Thanks for all the responses.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do I just shift and watch if the shift fork moves? Should I do it with the car on and off or does it not matter? Thanks for all the responses.
Is that how I check the slave cylinder??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts