Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
Joined
·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hypothetical question.

Say you were moving, and making a choice of a road track was the sole factor in the decision of where you are moving. But you are staying in the US. What are your opinions on what track is the best America has to offer? I realize this is kind of an irrational question, and doesn't really have just ONE answer, so absolutely feel free to mention a couple, and why you think so. Like climate, season length, etc.

(this is either gonna be a great thread, or it's going down in flames, mostly directed at me...LOL)
 

·
R.I.P. EVO IX SE
Joined
·
547 Posts
i don't know about you, but i suppose it depends on how technical you want the track.

around here there is the all too famous laguna seca, or infineon raceway.

i'd say infineon raceway is probably the most technical track in california.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
I'm going to go with what I know in the SouthEast:
Road Atlanta is probably the best.
VIR (Virginia International Raceway) is also a beautiful & awesome track.
I love the elevation changes at these tracks (something that florida really lacks!!).
 

·
Late Apexer
Joined
·
5,168 Posts
Mazda Raceway @ leguna Seca.... http://www.laguna-seca.com/

Just watch your butt in the corkscrew or you'll eat a wall.

Buttonwillow is pretty fun, both the Big track and Streets


I understand VIR is a great place to run too.. but I've never been there
 

·
R.I.P. EVO IX SE
Joined
·
547 Posts
Zzyzx said:
Mazda Raceway @ leguna Seca.... http://www.laguna-seca.com/

Just watch your butt in the corkscrew or you'll eat a wall.

Buttonwillow is pretty fun, both the Big track and Streets


I understand VIR is a great place to run too.. but I've never been there
you mean willow springs?

or does buttonwillow have a big track and street set up also. just curious :driving:
 

·
Late Apexer
Joined
·
5,168 Posts
Ya, I get the Willow Tracks mixed up some times..... Too many Willows on the west coast.. :|
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
I haven't driven on any of them so I have to rely on computer sims like SCGT.

1. Road Atlanta .. that last turn is amazing.

2. Road America .. they don't make tracks like this anymore! if they did, it would be littered with chicanes all over the place.

3. Watkins Glen .. preferably an older version. Also would consider the boot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
Great question. I would pick Road America because it is my home track and I have many many miles on it. It isn't the most technical track but it is fast.

for a drivers track I would take Mid-Ohio. Very technical and excellent facility.

For climate I would take Laguna.

If money was no object I would pick Monaco. :)
 

·
R.I.P. EVO IX SE
Joined
·
547 Posts
DanB said:
Great question. I would pick Road America because it is my home track and I have many many miles on it. It isn't the most technical track but it is fast.

for a drivers track I would take Mid-Ohio. Very technical and excellent facility.

For climate I would take Laguna.

If money was no object I would pick Monaco. :)
if money was no object and if it wasn't a american race track. i wanna go to the nurburgring :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
aonsoKuDC5 said:
if money was no object and if it wasn't a american race track. i wanna go to the nurburgring :laughing:
That would be an excellent track. With Monaco I was thinking about the country more than the track. :thumbsup:
 

·
behind your rearview
Joined
·
3,360 Posts
aonsoKuDC5 said:
if money was no object and if it wasn't a american race track. i wanna go to the nurburgring :laughing:

hell ya, but it's not that hard to race there... it is a public track and all you have to do is have a car (rent?) and buy lap tickets... I believe it's like $60 for a couple of laps... or about $20 per lap... I forgot, it was in a old SCC mag before... also the track is HUGE!!!
 

·
R.I.P. EVO IX SE
Joined
·
547 Posts
zeroryde said:
hell ya, but it's not that hard to race there... it is a public track and all you have to do is have a car (rent?) and buy lap tickets... I believe it's like $60 for a couple of laps... or about $20 per lap... I forgot, it was in a old SCC mag before... also the track is HUGE!!!
yeah, from what i recall an honda nsx-r finished it in 8 minutes and 11 seconds... man that's like a 15 mile race track. i seriously wonder how it's maintained?
 

·
R.I.P. EVO IX SE
Joined
·
547 Posts
crazyassazian said:
how about tsukuba in japan as many time atack cars prefer it as that track.
yeah but they were talking about american road race tracks. but once we get out of the u.s. lines, yes i'd include the tsukuba circuit as one of the famous time attack locations.
 

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Joined
·
2,536 Posts
heartland park
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top