Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking through old Modified Magazines, I've seen quite a few A'PEXi digital meters that read out RPM's, oil pressure, oil temp, VTEC engagement, etc. I've also been looking to modify my interior to cleanly fit gauge pods in it and keep the tan interior as well. However I don't want to cut out my climate control, because that's stupid, I don't want to put a gauge in my vent unless I have something like this http://www.therpmstore.com/store/p/552.html, and I don't want to just mount them stupidly on my dash.
What would you guys recommend? What's better? Should I just get a digital meter of some sort? If I do, which is the most useful?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
i make custom plug and play harnesses to relocate your ac controls to were ever your want so you can free up your ac area but yet still use 100% ac functions, mine is in the glove box........ because side pillar gauges are gay, vent your either blocking it or can only run one, plus running them in the ac area looks stock and sick

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
Put them Where your cigarette lighter is at. That whole piece. I think someone on here did it and it looks pretty damn nice

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unless you're boosted or HEAVILY modified don't bother
I see, yeah I'd like to watch oil pressure and temps at least. Wouldn't this be a good idea since my engine burns oil after excessive vtec engagements;)? Doesn't that mean that I'm getting excess blowby?

Also, itskien, I like the idea of doing a cigarette lighter mod.

And I may look at the android app too as it's more versatile-- however accuracy and scan time is important to me and I feel that a hydraulic signal directly from an oil line or something would be better than a digital, laggy signal from my obd port...

·
CHEAP TRACKDAYS WANTED
1,120 Posts
yep, the scan time for dashcommand is 30ms, so you are right saying so about the lag. but, i got it for ease of use and installation, which was a suction cup mount and the obd port sender. it does not do wideband 02 or oil pressure and temp. something about PIDs from ecu. i am no pro at this, just an enthusiast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts