Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i figure that there is already a thread about this, but as of now I have a base rsx with 35% tinted windows around, all alpine system, and thats about it. I was wondering what would give me the best results for horsepower and speed without getting a super or turbo charger. I hear hondadata is good, but what is it and what does it do???? :dontknow: :confused: please help me out with that and other engine mods along with prices. thanks :bow:

· Registered
229 Posts
one word, search.
two words, you lazy.
three words, You tell me.

Other than these wise advices, I say take a look at what other members have.
Compare what they have and why they them.
You should take some time to read OTHERs posts relating to performance.
Go to performance forum.
I could keep go on and on but your best bet is to "read N search"
That's exactly what I DID when I first joined this club.
You cant act like all baby and tell others to do all the work for you.
You do you own search FIRST.
Then ask ppl for SPECIFIC questions regarding such parts/items.
Sorry if I sound mean but that's how it goes around here.
Good day.

· Registered
236 Posts
you people need to stop actin like a dickhead...

instead of typing crap like that...why not just share your knowledge...he just wants a discussion about the new k series motor...

say what u want about me... doesnt matter...if you dont like this topic..u shouldn't even post in it, just ignore it k? thx! :spin:

like chris says...your best bang for the least amount of money would be a CAI/SRI

I/H/E maybe 1000 bucks and an amazing :confused: 10-15 hp increase...im not exactly sure how much gain...

for another 500-600 bucks more...u can get yourself an hondata...ecu reflash....i'd say only do that if u have type S or 5 speed base....not really worth it for auto...wont see much gain/difference...

this is my 2cents...hope it helps you!

· Registered
229 Posts
jdm_rsx...
Your post will NOT help this guy, u know why?
Cuz he doesn't even know what hondata is and how it works...
u didnt explain wat it actually does, "ecu reflash" cant help in any ways...
also I bet he wouldn't understand half of wat your post said cuz without yourself knowing that u used LOTS of abbreviations, such as I/H/E and CAI/SRI.
He's a beginner in mods.
If you want to help him, at least tell him in a way so that he would UNDERSTAND.
He's a rsxer who got sound and tint.
I say your 2 cents are on the floor and you should pick them up.
No offense to you or him but couldn't avoid to reply and felt offended to your post,
which called me, phoenix and THInk = dickheads OMG.
shoudn't call names or swear such words to others.
Good day.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dang guys. well the truth is that I am new to the mods and dont understand all the abbreviations. I finally figured out what hondadata is and i did some searching and reading to get it. Also, I have been emailin people about specific stuff and I was tired the night i did this thread so i didnt want to read anymore for that day. sorry if it got you that upset.

· Aaron
644 Posts
you were correct in thinking along the lines of the engine air flow. Yes Intake/Header?exhaust.

If you want to make some power best bang for the buck is intake, followed by new tires, followed by hondata.

for style and handling, nothing beats a set of coilovers, but I ended up with a set of eibach prokit springs, and later when I had the funding, I purchased a set of koni adjustable shock inserts and my handling has imporved 10 fold.

I think that would be a pretty good start for overall inexpensive. Don't worry about things like body kits and wings and neon lights and things like that, at least if you are going pure performance.

anyway, that's my $0.02, hope it helps some.

· Registered
229 Posts
okay.
I agree with others.
Go with intake/header/exhaust first.
My setup is Injen Cold Air intake/Comptech race header/Greddy Evo2
There is whole debate of which combination gives best performance and best sound quality(quiet,loud,deep,noisy)
It all depends on your taste.
Also depends on how much money u have and willing to spend in future.
for horsepowers, ppl normally get intake first then either exhaust system or hondata.
intake range about $150-$250, hondata $500-$600, Exhaust $400-$1000.
Any mods are all about money.
Hope the money is not an issue.
If it is, sell your alpine and go for performance.
Hope this helped a bit in your search.
Good day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.