Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a rsx that has the Mugen coilovers (shocks and springs) rides like its on bricks! No suspension travel and very stiff, on a smooth road its ok, but hit a slight bump and its jarring like 4" pothole would be on any other car.

I hate it! I would love to get a coilover that is smooth, and nice for daily driving and takes moderate bumps or dips in road with forgiveness.

Thanks!

·
Aspiring Race Car Driver
76 Posts
Koni Sport/yellow (adjustable) shocks and struts paired with whatever springs you want or currently have.

·
Registered
67 Posts
best shock spring

I too think one of the nicest combos was stock struts with Eibach springs... nice drop slightly stiffer than stock ride but nothing uncomfortable

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The eibach pro-kit setup worked best simply because it didn't allow the user to mess with height adjustments. As we all know, the RSX is sensitive to going too low and the pro-kit offered the perfect balance of performance, comfort, and aesthetics.
Thats what I was thinking. How does K-tuned K1 feel when set to about 1.4" drop and softest shock setting?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I am thinking about Tein Flex Street, K-Tuned K1, or BC Race.
I personally have experienced Tein Street Flex and the car rode very firm but smooth on the bumps. Great for daily, canyon and even aggressive track driving.
I still have them on my DC5 but recently I upgraded to Swift Springs for track use but I personally vouch for Tein Flex!

·
Registered
151 Posts
A-Spec

If you can find a used set from someone who upgraded for the track or something. They are a really good compromise. I've had them on my car since new and have been totally happy with them. Install was relatively easy too.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If you can find a used set from someone who upgraded for the track or something. They are a really good compromise. I've had them on my car since new and have been totally happy with them. Install was relatively easy too.
I bought a set of used A-Spec struts. Very nice.

By the way, what will you do with the Mugen setup you currently have?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the mugen ss coilovers and it rides very well. A little stiff but not uncomfortable in my opinion. Maybe they're just worn out?

·
Past Driver’s Ed
517 Posts
Overall Eibach Pro springs with their sway bars and Koni Sport/yellow (adjustable) shocks set on the soft side have performed well for me. Good ride height for a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Yeah, I'm really liking the Mugen. It crashes over potholes, but so did the stock suspension. To my butt, it rides like stock, but takes corners much flatter. I feel like if you hate Mugen, you're not going to enjoy anything else on this car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts