Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best all around drag tire for stock RSX wheels. I have done a lot of searching and found that a lot of people have recommended the azenis but also say they are rather heavy and are best for Auto-x. Now, I just want some nice tires that I can pop on when I go to the track. Of course, I would like to take into account how long they would last as well as price. But if price didn't matter, what would you pick? :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
falken azeni's, I did a 2.005 60ft on them. Other than that I do consistent 2.15x's and 2.200's all day long. They are the best tire for 16'' rims, the nitto 555r's used to be made in 205/45/16 which is a small side wall but has a better compound then the azeni's therefore being better for drag racing, but they are no longer in production. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I would definitely listen to DC5 RSX b/c he's running hella good times on Azenis. I would buy some if they weren't so heavy.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the heavy factor is whats turning me down...

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
dont worry about the weight, they will still help you more than hurt you. I dont even know how heavy they are, just how much do they weigh? and compared to the stocks? what is the weight of the stock tires, and the weight of other tires?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I've looked around a bit and this is what I've found:

Stockies 20.x
Kumho MX 20
Toyo T1-s 21
AVS ES100 22
Azenis 24
S-03 24

I honestly don't see why azenis work so good b/c they have such a stiff sidewall and they add up to 16lbs of additional rotating mass over the stock tires. The Michelins suck for grip, but you gotta admit they're pretty light.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
Yeah, the azenis are the only thing we have. We need 16" DR's and low profile 16" slicks. You can find those all day long in 15"....:(

·
WyRbNdR
56 Posts
eddie123 said:
Yeah, the azenis are the only thing we have. We need 16" DR's and low profile 16" slicks. You can find those all day long in 15"....:(
My 16" DR's mounted on flat black Rota Slips are still for sale :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like I might be buying Toyo T1-s for drag unless someone has a better idea.

·
I AM ELECTRIC HEAD
3,521 Posts
DC5 RSX said:
falken azeni's, I did a 2.005 60ft on them. Other than that I do consistent 2.15x's and 2.200's all day long. They are the best tire for 16'' rims, the nitto 555r's used to be made in 205/45/16 which is a small side wall but has a better compound then the azeni's therefore being better for drag racing, but they are no longer in production. :thumbsup:
do u have any guesstimation on how long they would last if u took care of them? How are urs now are they wearing fast or what?

thanks

·
got TEIN?
248 Posts
Drag Radials....

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
well I have had my azeni's on my front for about 6,000miles. Every friday I go to the track, and every time I make a run I stop in the water put, pull the ebrake and drop the clutch until I see smoke from both sides. After my night of racing every week, I wash rubber off the side of my car every saturday morning. My azeni's are now completely bald slicks sitting on the side of my garage. Currently I am driving on rota slipstreams with azeni's on the rear, and the stock tire/rim setup on the front until I get two more azeni's.

I wont be going to the track with azeni's anymore though. I have base rsx brakes and 15in rims sitting in my garage awaiting my act stage3 clutch and m&h slicks. With that and my unorthodox pulley's that are also awaiting install, I will hopefully hit very low 13's. I have given up on using street tires for drag racing on a fwd car, its completely pointless. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Spent198 said:
What is the best all around drag tire for stock RSX wheels. I have done a lot of searching and found that a lot of people have recommended the azenis but also say they are rather heavy and are best for Auto-x. Now, I just want some nice tires that I can pop on when I go to the track. Of course, I would like to take into account how long they would last as well as price. But if price didn't matter, what would you pick? :dontknow:
What about the New M&H Cheater Slick Dot ;) 11.5/26-16

[email protected]&H :)

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
SlicksMH said:
What about the New M&H Cheater Slick Dot ;) 11.5/26-16

[email protected]&H :)
Ok, I just went to check out your website (www.intercotire.com). I found a bunch of 16'' cheater slicks. The one I'm thinking would fit is the...

26/11.5-16LT
MHD-03
^^Will this fit our stock wheel?^^ Where can I get prices from?

Thanks a lot. Your input has been greatly appreciated.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
Even a 10.5/26/16 needs a 9" wide rim. This I do not understand, my azenis are have roughly a 8" wide tread pattern and fit a 6.5" wide rims fine. The 10.5/26/16 is 10.5" wide at sidewall and like 8.5" wide tread pattern. why does it say a 9" rim is needed for a 8.5" tread width?

And how much room for growth is needed on these?

·
Registered
174 Posts
DC5 RSX said:
Ok, I just went to check out your website (www.intercotire.com). I found a bunch of 16'' cheater slicks. The one I'm thinking would fit is the...

26/11.5-16LT
MHD-03
^^Will this fit our stock wheel?^^ Where can I get prices from?

Thanks a lot. Your input has been greatly appreciated.
Hi DCX5 RSX; You got PM and what is your stock wheel size.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
Stock wheel size is 16 X 6.5, he has dif rims though...not sure of the size

1 - 20 of 54 Posts