Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is your best stock type-s 1/4 mile time?
if you have a couple mods, list them..lets get this thing rolling!!
:shooting::spam:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Totally stock I ran 15.1 (stock tires, no ram)

With my short ram and tires I ran a 14.9..

I think I could have broken 15 stock, but I only had 4 runs before I got my couple mods (tires if you call them mods and ram.. I think I'm good for up to a 14.7 right now because I had a run where my 60' was 2.3, and ran a 15 flat, whereas on my 14.9 run my 60' was a 2.4.. so if I can have a 2.3 60' and run it good all the way through I think I can get a 14.7.. Going back to race tomorrow, this time minus my back seats haha

I want to bore out my throttle body and P&P my intake next to see what that gets me..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RSX-S_Driver said:
Totally stock I ran 15.1 (stock tires, no ram)

With my short ram and tires I ran a 14.9..

I think I could have broken 15 stock, but I only had 4 runs before I got my couple mods (tires if you call them mods and ram.. I think I'm good for up to a 14.7 right now because I had a run where my 60' was 2.3, and ran a 15 flat, whereas on my 14.9 run my 60' was a 2.4.. so if I can have a 2.3 60' and run it good all the way through I think I can get a 14.7.. Going back to race tomorrow, this time minus my back seats haha

I want to bore out my throttle body and P&P my intake next to see what that gets me..
where do you go? I see you live in philly.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Vegeta's RSX said:

where do you go? I see you live in philly.
I went to Atco for that run.. I'm looking to head over to Englishtown or Maple Grove for another run, Atco is not the greatest track..

·
Retired
13,573 Posts
15.775 at 6,500 feet. That was with an AEM CAI.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Vegeta's RSX said:
Cool, let me know the next time you go to maple grove. maybe I'll see you there.
Cool.. I think I'll be heading out there on the 9th or 16th of august to race, depending on the availablility of my friends..

·
UC Berkeley!!!
237 Posts
Yes, lower temperature means higher air density, meaning more power from each combustion cycle.

·
Speedy
2,648 Posts

·
Retired
13,573 Posts
Dookie said:

Does time improve when the altitude is lower to seal level??
Yeah. my run would be a 14.3x at sea level.

·
Retired
13,573 Posts
RSX-S_Driver said:

I find that correction hard to believe.. I don't think it's possible to run a 14.3x with only a CAI..
Me either.

Lets use this chart used by the NHRA though

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/misc/altitude.html

the highest altitude they list is 5,500 feet. lets do that one.

15.775 * .9315 = 14.694

I figure for 6,500 it'd be like .9210 ... 15.775 * .9210 = 14.52

Sorry, I was off with 14.3. i meant 14.5x

1 - 20 of 39 Posts