Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, BASICALLY STOCK , HAS ANYONE ran different pipe diameters on a dyno, to determine hp&tq curves,, 2 inch , 2.5 2.75 3.0 etc... what were the numbers.. thanks
my guess is small pipe more tq, less hp etc..
large pipe more hp higher in the range etc...

did anyone , try combo's on the dyno,,,

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just general assumptions regarding the 2L displacement & redline, anything over 2.5" will be a waste.

·
Modless
535 Posts
1 inch = 5 HP

I run 6 inch all the way.

No but really I think 2.5 is fine. I wouldn't imagine you would have to go bigger for any reason.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
old hot roders rule with 4 cyclinders....1 inch = 100hp, 2 inch = 200hp, 3 inch = 300 hp.............fyi, you stock cat will not flow anymore than 200whp.;)

·
Turbo FTW !!!
435 Posts
I run 2.5"

·
Registered
58 Posts
Im running a 2.25inch magnaflow witch gives me alot of low end power still and the top end did get better. Im sure a 2.5inch may give better top end but I cant open it up that much in the city any way.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Go 2.5 and be done with it. It'll be good for what you have right now, and if you decide to do more (i.e. boost/internals) you won't have to worry about it being restrictive.

cai/rh/catless right here.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
catless + stock ecu=fail

·
Registered
671 Posts
Lol, no fail on wide open roads here. And of course it's a given I will see better performance with kpro.

·
Registered
493 Posts
How about a stage 1 cam with some mild head work, with emphasis on mid range and a little higher without dying out up top. 7700 redline. 165 -170 whp. 2.25"?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
bottom end is crap...I I would not rev it that high....as for no cat and stock ecu, you guys need to read up a little on how the feed back system works with these motors....ecu controls every thing, timming, fuel mix and with no catit turn everything down.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Mustclime wouldn't the stock ecu normally throw a code if there's no cat. I don't get a code so just wondering how that works? Also I was always taught that the cat (universally) was strictly for emission purposes, and a lot of people (especially here in FL) since there are no emission laws, when there cats go bad they either knock everything out and clear it or cut it off and straight pipe it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I was just going to experiment with that, cause I just picked up a spare RSX OEM muffler. Rained on that parade with the 2 stroke comment, hahaha.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts