Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Absolute Pro-Formance
9,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your opinions. :) Right now I'm really leaning towards the Magnaflow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the Apexi World Sport on my base auto. If you want to compare (sound) it to the MagnaFlow. The Apexi WS has a more mellow tone.

·
Absolute Pro-Formance
9,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HP and TQ gains? How much did you get it for?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Charisma said:
HP and TQ gains? How much did you get it for?
I've never dyno my car after or before the installs.

Got it for $800 CDN through a local distributor.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Magnaflow is pretty affordable but if you can swing it, go with a Japanese made cat-back. In the long run you'll be happier and they'll still be a little residual value for resale when you trade up. Check around, there always deals on major brands like Tanabe, Greddy, Apexi etc.

·
Unlucky
178 Posts
I had the Magnaflow on my auto until just recently. It was somewhat loud I would say. Very nice at high RPMs where you'd want to hear it. Very deep and rumbling at low RPMs and when just cruising which got annoying just driving around town and even more so cruising on the freeway. That and it started to rust after a year cause I neglected to clean it more often during the winter. :( I'd give the Magnaflow a 5-6 out of 10 personally. Just my $0.02. :)

If you want something with the most gains. Stick with a 2.25" exhaust like the Magnaflow. I believe going with 2.5" or bigger is actually worse for the base from what I've heard on here.

If I had to choose again, I'd probably get the GReddy SP2 cause I've heard it's nice and quiet. Though that's what people said about the Magnaflow and I don't know what they were thinking. :dontknow:

·
Billy Ball is in effect
6,412 Posts
y not go with custom exhaust from a local shop...

price would be lower and you could put whatever you wanted into the exhaust

ie...choose: piping size, do you want a resonator?, if so the size, material of the piping, muffler shape/design/company....

if going with a market exhaust id have to go with the sp2 or magnaflow

·
Registered
231 Posts
DC Sports Single Canister System. I got a base auto, and I love the gains and sound from the exhaust. No, I have not dynoed it, but I did feel the gains from it. Check out my pics on a link on my sig. It shows my ride, and the install pics of the exhaust.

·
Registered
572 Posts
AutoK20A3 said:
DC Sports Single Canister System.... install pics of the exhaust.
Thanks for the link, great pics & info. That DC exhaust must be new, first I've heard of it and it looks GOOD. Lots of clearance with the sway bar, mid-pipe doesn't hang too low, muffler can is tucked nicely for a stealth look, and the resonator seems big enough to keep the noise down. Report back on how it holds up as you put miles on it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
The HKS Hi-Power is ultra light, looks awesome, sounds mean as hell throught the entire RPM range. Similar to the RSR GT-II Ex Mag Exhaust, but the RSR is quiter in idle and low rpm's

·
Running from the Blerch
23,418 Posts
anyone with the evo2? how loud is it?
im looking for something that has a nice sound but wont sound like all the ricer civic exhausts out there

·
Registered
47 Posts
If u want Performance and mean sound go HKS Hi-Power! 1 of the measnest exhausts 4 the RSX, install that baby and u fell a big difference. Nice deep notes, nice angle, light piping, and a brand u can trust 4 imports. Simply 1 of the best highly recommended. Add a CAI and Headers and prepare 2 wake up ur neighborhood. AWESOME!!!
As 4 the Greddy EVO2 its 2 quiet 4 me. It gives a good note and a great increase in hp in the lower-mid RPM range. I reccomened it if u want good performance u can trust and rely on but not a real big person on the sound issue. Its a real good exhaust tough 1 of my good friends has 1. Looks nice performs nice, sounds ok deep in low mid rpms.
BUT I LOVE MY HKS HI-POWER.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.