Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm curious to see what everyone on the board thinks about flywheels i am about to purchase an quafe LSD and a JDM R final drive in addition to a clutch and flywheel. i was wondering where you guys weigh in on who has the best flywheel for the RSX right now as far as i know here are my options....Toda, ACT, Exedy and Fidenza

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Toda $451 8.36 lbs.
Fidanza $392 7.5 lbs.
ACT $250 8 lbs.
Exedy $369 8 lbs.

I did this much research. I was wondering which is best as well. I guess it is a matter of durability since they weigh the same, but cost varies greatly.

Edited fidanza flywheel weight, since i had a thread on it

·
Registered
519 Posts
The best bet is to match the flywheel with the type of clutch you have. Exedy w/ exedy, toda w/ toda, etc. They're designed to work with each other.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anybody have any of thes flywheels who wants to weigh in here?

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
AdrenalineRSX-S said:
anybody have any of thes flywheels who wants to weigh in here?
Fidanza is quite light, but too light for daily driving. I recommend a 9lb-10lb flywheel

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

·
Registered
519 Posts
I got a good deal on the Exedy clutch and flywheel and absolutely love it:thumbsup: It's nice and smooth. Very similar to stock, but it has a lot more meat.

·
Registered
715 Posts
IMHO ill go for ACT $250 8 lbs. CHEAP and light

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I would stray away from the ACT flywheel for one reason, something that cheap cannot be that great. $250 for a flywheel, no thanks. I'll spend $3xx (dont feel like scrolling up) for the exedy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HardcoreRsxS said:
Fidanza is quite light, but too light for daily driving. I recommend a 9lb-10lb flywheel

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

so what do recomend? all of the flywheels above are in the 8 range give or take .5

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
Comptech 9lbs
DC5R 10.5

I heard that the aluminum flys wear down like a clutch. I'm going chromoly anyway but does anyone know if this is true?

My acura dealer has the comtech on group buy for $310.

·
Registered
403 Posts
eddie123 said:

DC5R 10.5
I have CM's stage 3 and their flywheel. I have a DC5-R clutch and flywheel if anyone is interested. It is used but not by me.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
1FSTep3 said:
I have CM's stage 3 and their flywheel. I have a DC5-R clutch and flywheel if anyone is interested. It is used but not by me.
Have you had any problems launching on the slicks? Besides the axle at MIR. Were you running stock axles at the time? What kind of price did you get your CM 3 and fly for? Is the CM fly aluminum?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
DC5 RSX said:
whoa, [email protected], care to list your mods?
She has been threw this too many times already, do a search.......Otherwise I feel another flame war:nervous:

·
Registered
403 Posts
eddie123 said:
Have you had any problems launching on the slicks? Besides the axle at MIR. Were you running stock axles at the time? What kind of price did you get your CM 3 and fly for? Is the CM fly aluminum?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks.
I didn't have problems launching at MIR with the clutch and fly. I really like CM's stage 3. Call NuImage Autosports for a price quote, they are the authorized dealer in our area for CM. (703) 440-8705. They can give you a good deal on them.

Also, the day my axels broke I was running stock EP3 axels, which are much weaker than the Type-S. Now I have Drive Shaft Shop axels, which work great!

eddie123 - Are you going to the RSX meet tomorrow? I'll be there with a friend of mine that just built his motor. It should be running much faster than mine. We'll be there, so if you want to chat more about cars I'll see you there!

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
Thanks, I'll have to call them up.

Did you get the stage 1's? Since they are part chromoly are they any lighter than stock?

Na, I won't be there I have some stuff going on.

I was at your tent at MIR taking a gander, you were there I should have introduced myself.

·
Registered
403 Posts
eddie123 said:

Did you get the stage 1's? Since they are part chromoly are they any lighter than stock?

I was at your tent at MIR taking a gander, you were there I should have introduced myself.
No, I got the stage 3 axels. I'm not sure how light they are since I never picked it up. If you call the shop you can ask them since they installed them for me.

You should have introduced yourself that day. I think we met before at Capitol.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts