Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
MI-4
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont knw if this is a double post, but anyways..my mods are in my sig and hp numbers also..im trying to hit 190whp before getting hondata..i kknow my exhaust is holding me back..what size piping should i get for the most gains and exhaust. can i get 2.5 piping and just some cheap ass ebay muffler?? i dont really care what my car sounds like..im looking for the most gains.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
MI4K20 said:
i dont knw if this is a double post, but anyways..my mods are in my sig and hp numbers also..im trying to hit 190whp before getting hondata..i kknow my exhaust is holding me back..what size piping should i get for the most gains and exhaust. can i get 2.5 piping and just some cheap ass ebay muffler?? i dont really care what my car sounds like..im looking for the most gains.
probably the BuddyClubIII will give you the best gains, but its very loud and racey sounding. Its pretty much a straight pipe with a muffler. :eek:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
buy my dc sports tcs ;)

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
If you want 2.5 inch piping buy the Greddy Evo catback or if you want it bigger just get custom piping with an Apexi Turbo muffler

·
Registered
389 Posts
Does anyone know whats gains you get with the Power Getter??

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
Make your own i ordered 9 feet of 20 guage 2.5 inch 304 stainless steel and stainless steel flanges from burns stainless and used a apexi turbo n1.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
RSXTypeS23 said:
Does anyone know whats gains you get with the Power Getter??
supposedly 5-8whp, but noone has dynoed stock exhaust vs powergetter on a completely stock engine.

My first engine mod was my powergetter. I noticed a slight difference from 7500rpms and up.

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
7500 and up....man thats not much till redline

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
dupontrsx said:
7500 and up....man thats not much till redline
yeah, but once you get a full race header and a extended redline with a reflash then it makes a bigger difference.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
MI4K20 said:
how gain is the buddy club
I imagine its alot. I'd say 8-10whp on a stock rsx. Its basically a straight pipe with a muffler, no resonators to steal power.

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
I modeled my custom system after the buddyclub.Used same guage and 304 stainless but i routed my pipe under the control near the left then it curves slighty to give the exhaust its angle look.Havent had probs yet rubbing or anything its just noticible from behind

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
O and im dropped on neuspeed race springs.

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,590 Posts
Mugen N1 Race Exhaust. 70mm from the downpipe back. You'll need a JDM 4-2 header, and the TODA sway bar to make it fit. Buddy Club III is also another great choice. Both loud as all get out.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
7900rpms said:
Mugen N1 Race Exhaust. 70mm from the downpipe back. You'll need a JDM 4-2 header, and the TODA sway bar to make it fit. Buddy Club III is also another great choice. Both loud as all get out.
:thumbsup:

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
70mm is to much for a car with just bolt-ons unless you have a fully preped race motor it is not necessary but nice piece though i asked kings about it they tole me the same thing

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,590 Posts
RSXType-Smoking said:
70mm is to much for a car with just bolt-ons unless you have a fully preped race motor it is not necessary but nice piece though i asked kings about it they tole me the same thing
We also can say the 65mm Buddy Club is also too big for a stock engine. Basically, anything over 60mm is too big, unless it's a race engine.

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
65 is about great for a car with itr setup,Mugen n1,and comptech race headers HINT HINT lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts