Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to buy a intake/exhaust setu that nets me the most gains across the board. can anyone tell me with proven numbers to be the best?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea iv heard Type S mid pipe is the best for gains, i recently just picked up a RSR exhaust, so Type S is the best? what about if i were to just get some shitty short ram? does it increase anything over OEM?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
not a fan of the stock muffler...tubing is way small...big fan of the flowmaster stock cat replacement....newer design, much better flow....like a leagle race header.

·
Registered
29 Posts
not a fan of the stock muffler...tubing is way small...big fan of the flowmaster stock cat replacement....newer design, much better flow....like a leagle race header.
Do you know a part number for that Flowmaster Catalytic converter? The only one I see on their website is a universal model:

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=451&partno=2821124&make=59&year=2003&model=752&submodel=823&engine=95&category=0&kw=

I found this OEM direct fitment MagnaFlow at KseriesPARTS:

http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/MAG1-24177.html

What do you think? Mine is still in good shape but just has some rust on the heat shielding. Would either one give mild HP gains because of more 'modern design' (compared to 2003 factory installed cat)?

Thx

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
second one it it...sorry. Deffenitly an increase...noise will go up as well.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
depends on what you want.....read up on hondadata and see if you like what you see....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Magnaflow Catalytic converter arrived from Amazon! They're doing a 25% discount on performance auto parts right now. Next mod (may wait til Spring) is the Magnaflow exhaust. I really hope the noise isn't overtly obnoxious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts