Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m new to this form! I have a 2002 Rsx type s. looking to do some bolt ons but having a hard time finding a good header and exhaust. since there so many options. I want something Thats quality with a nice deep tone, and not ricey and not to crazy loud, would enjoy some pops too. I would appreciate the help to anyone and thank you so much

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

There's no such thing as "best". Get what fits within your budget that YOU think sounds good. YouTube is your best friend in this aspect. Keep the following in mind:

A race header will typically make your exhaust very loud.
A race header may or may not make your vehicle run lean at WOT
A race header will require stiffer motor mounts, motor mount inserts, or a torque damper at the very least. May need a new sway bar as well.
Last but not least, don't expect much power without a tune.

Read the posts on here if you're unsure about a specific brand. If you can't find the info you're seeking, come back here and ask the question. Our cars have been around since 2002, 99% of anything related to it is discussed somewhere on this site.

·
Registered
132 Posts
DC Race Header with:

APEXi 02-06 RSX Type-S N1 Cat-Back Exhaust
or
Invidia 02-06 RSX Type-S N1 Cat-back Exhaust System
or
Invidia 02-06 RSX Type-S Q300 Cat-Back Exhaust: Polished Tip if you want something on the quiet side.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Ktuned rh with and hks exhaust straight piped, plenty of pops and backfire without tune, I get a lot of complements, not rice, deep tone and loud at wot, I’ve never get pulled over and I live in SoCal

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Magnaflow that I got from 4wheelonline. Love the sound especially at 4K RPM. It has a deepish tone.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Update, today got done my 3 inch pipe with a Ktuned turndown, coming from a 2.5 straight piped hks ,this set up seems a little bit more quite, something that surprise me for be 3 inch

·
Registered
218 Posts
Any race header to 70mm Invidia Q300, not loud and a clean deep tone. You actually hear more of the engine than the exhaust system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yonaka has a nice sounding exhaust with a mid range price. Use a defouler on the downstream o2 with a race header, incase you didn’t already know

·
Registered
9 Posts
ive got a ktuned slip fit race header with highflow cat and tanabe medailion touring catback. got a nice deep tone but is still completely silent on cruise control. Quite happy with it, although i would have liked it even more if it were just a bit more quiet around idle. The soundtrack when in high rpm is godlike still, no pops and bangs, didnt like that in the first place. I did have it tuned, made 233 at the crack on a car thats otherwise completely stock.

·
Registered
72 Posts
ive got a ktuned slip fit race header with highflow cat and tanabe medailion touring catback. got a nice deep tone but is still completely silent on cruise control. Quite happy with it, although i would have liked it even more if it were just a bit more quiet around idle. The soundtrack when in high rpm is godlike still, no pops and bangs, didnt like that in the first place. I did have it tuned, made 233 at the crack on a car thats otherwise completely stock.
Remove the high flow cat and u will have pops and bangs u don’t even have to be tuned I’m running my stock ECU and people always ask if I’m tuned

·
Registered
9 Posts
Remove the high flow cat and u will have pops and bangs u don’t even have to be tuned I’m running my stock ECU and people always ask if I’m tuned
While tuning it did make pops and bangs when the AFR was on the rich side and with the CAT installed. Ktuned didnt supply me with a testpipe with the raceheader though so i couldnt try it without cat. And i wasnt after pops and bangs in the first place so i dont miss it anyway.

·
Registered
72 Posts
While tuning it did make pops and bangs when the AFR was on the rich side and with the CAT installed. Ktuned didnt supply me with a testpipe with the raceheader though so i couldnt try it without cat. And i wasnt after pops and bangs in the first place so i dont miss it anyway.
That’s weird they sold me the rh with the test pipe (no cat) also in their website you have the option if u want it with cat or without it

·
Registered
9 Posts
That’s weird they sold me the rh with the test pipe (no cat) also in their website you have the option if u want it with cat or without it
Yeah i was a bit surprised to find it not included, but i didnt need it anyway. I did order it from ktuned directly, i think that if you select the optional cat they drop the testpipe. Anyway, since the TS is asking for something a bit toned down the advice would be something other than a raceheader with 3' catback and no cat. Like i said i do have a full raceheader, but with a bit more restrictive 2.38' catback and a 200cel cat. I do definitely get a louder and deeper tone than the stock exaust, but when cruising under 60mph its pretty much completely silent. No drone at higher speeds either, not sure on how to get the pops and bangs though, a tuner would be able to fix that for you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They give you the option 3 options “add high flow car” “ no thanks, let that engine breathe” lol and “ add a 200 cell” I ordered from k series parts bc it was cheaper and I didn’t have to pay shipping I was a little worried of them not sending the test pipe, I personally want to squeeze the most a I can of my parts so that why I wanted the header with test pipe and my 3 inch exhaust is straight piped to a k tuned turndown, my previous exhaust was a 2.5 hks and it was louder than my 3 inch exhaust and it had a lot of drone when the rpms drop, this ktuned turndown seems to be more quite and has way less droning thank the hks, and I can barely heard it at 60 mph no droning at 85mph but you can hear the exhaust already thing I like if I roll up my windows I can barely heard it and I’m all gutted from the front seats to the back

·
Registered
2005 Acura RSX-Type S
6 Posts
Hi I’m new to this form! I have a 2002 Rsx type s. looking to do some bolt ons but having a hard time finding a good header and exhaust. since there so many options. I want something Thats quality with a nice deep tone, and not ricey and not to crazy loud, would enjoy some pops too. I would appreciate the help to anyone and thank you so much

Hey bro, if your looking to sell your catalytic converter Ill buy it. My phone number is 848-219-2612

1 - 16 of 16 Posts