Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
You should save a little more and get the Jackson Race Header. If you are limited to 500 then that would be your best bet for performance. If you had more money you should go with the comptech race or toda race header.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
RSXtreme703 said:
u wanna expand on that? u sayn we arent gettn anywhere by adding shit other than FI? well...
K20A3's are garbage.....mediocre low end, decent mid range, crap for a top end. I bought a base so i could take that extra $ and mod, well after the fact i wish i had an S just for the NA tuning of a k20a2. The k20a3 is an econobox disguised as a "sporty motor".

The compression is too low, the ecu too tame, the head is junk, the lack of I-TEC on the exhuast is a waste.

Im not saying most people wont be happy with it....but it is like modding a SOHC cam engine from civics of yore....sure you can make it faster, but switching to a B16A or even B18C1/5 you will do yourself a favour.

K20A3 is junk

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
^i will be the 1st one to laugh at type-s owners when i beat them as i have many a time at auto-x/lapping sessions...but the k20a3 is just a bad platform...nothing really going for it on the NA side. Sure you can make it marginally quicker to keep up to an S...but it will cost you a fair amount.

cdn
I=$400
H=$800
E=$900-1000
hondata=$1000

with that for say $3200 or there abouts, you might get near a type-s in 1/4 mile...but whats the point of "getting near"...

i still love my car, if i didnt i would sell it, but the only reason i like it is from my suspension mods that enable it to out handle most things on the road. But when i go to track days....hell even a grand am GT pulls on me in the straight.

k20a3's are good all round platforms for mileage, semi performance,fun etc....but if you want to a engine to mod and gain much from it....look elsewhere.

K20a3 + FI is a good start but weak internals worry me as do low relative gains

K20a2 swap + toda kit= very good choice for $/gain

K24 swap= all round best option

k20a=the dream

·
aDaM yAtEs
64 Posts
coldrsx said:
^i will be the 1st one to laugh at type-s owners when i beat them as i have many a time at auto-x/lapping sessions...but the k20a3 is just a bad platform...nothing really going for it on the NA side. Sure you can make it marginally quicker to keep up to an S...but it will cost you a fair amount.

cdn
I=$400
H=$800
E=$900-1000
hondata=$1000

with that for say $3200 or there abouts, you might get near a type-s in 1/4 mile...but whats the point of "getting near"...

i still love my car, if i didnt i would sell it, but the only reason i like it is from my suspension mods that enable it to out handle most things on the road. But when i go to track days....hell even a grand am GT pulls on me in the straight.

k20a3's are good all round platforms for mileage, semi performance,fun etc....but if you want to a engine to mod and gain much from it....look elsewhere.

K20a3 + FI is a good start but weak internals worry me as do low relative gains

K20a2 swap + toda kit= very good choice for $/gain

K24 swap= all round best option

k20a=the dream
if u get pulled by a grand am gt.... u need to come to texas and let me show u how to drive that base of ures. :driving:

·
..Crawling..
190 Posts
I'm with Coldrsx on this one. I've done intake, Race header, and Catback. I'm not goin to even bother getting hondata cuz once i'm done it theres nothing else i can do n/a. Well maybe a Type r/s tranny, but hell. might as well put the money towards a turbo. And from there i have a lot more opions and the car has a lot more potential.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I hate to admit it, but I agree with coldrsx. If I had my mods on a type-s, I'd see low 14's. Plus add cams and some other goodies the base doesn't have out. I don't pay for my car, so I had to make due with it...just modded a little so I could race other euros and now saving up for a bike.

One thing I love seeing...is the look on some type-s owners face after I beat them...LOL.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey guys, what are you talking about...
Ok a base is slower than a type s, but it`s a good car
The base rsx is like the base integra (rs), and it`s a good car..
The base is faster than the civic si, maybe the tiburon and integra base model....
Ok maybe it`s not a porsche, but it`s a good car, I like to drive this car...
the handling is good, the car is nice...
I would choose a turbo base instead of a type s because it`s to cool to be like the underdog.... You seems to be slower but you`re faster...
And if a would have bought a type s, I would not have the money to put some mods on it...
We have the same motor that the sir and guys that have sir, don`t say that the sir is shit, they like it.....
Why because that they have a type s more powerful you guys are saying that the base model is shit....
We can`t have everything in life...
I don`t like my car, I love it...

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
sir's have much better gearing, intake manifold, chassis, stock suspension.

Base RSX's are ok....but stock they really are quite pathetic compared to a BASE integra, mostly because of suspension issues (MS vs DW)

·
CRSX Veteran
211 Posts
if any of you bought the base with your own money still expecting to mod it, your out of your damn minds. ony reason i picked up my base was because my parents were fronting the money (yes, im a lucky SOB), and its darn hard to convince them i need more power and higher insurance costs. the base doesn't take premium and gets better gas mileage, while at the same time taking down every other car in its class cept its big brother (type-s). so if you expected the thing to be a competition car, you wasted 24000 dollars.

·
Registered
85 Posts
you just have to change the intake manifold and suspension on the base and you are ok
At the track, you will do same time as a sir
ANd the style of the rsx is better than the new sir that is ugly (my opinion)

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
^i love my car looks wise and now that i have coilovers+f/r sway bars (all progress) and rims and good rubber....i can handle my own in the turns, auto-x, and at the track (lapping not crap 1/4 stuff). I am not upset i bought it...but i do think the k20a3 is just gutless. I still think it can be made into a quick car, but the k20a3 is not a NA motor.....thats all.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.