Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
cracker jack box driver
2,997 Posts
This is the deal: The supercharger negates a lot of the "deficiencies" that might otherwise affect an N-A car. In other words, the exhaust is going out, regardless. That's why you see the most powerful Eaton SC'ed RSX on the boards now running a POS Buddy Club header the #2 car running a hand-built SSR. It does not matter that much.
true but if ur gonna spend 500-700 on a POS buddy club why not spend 500 on a copy cat ssr?

and if ur looking at spending ~1300 for a hand built ssr that u can now get a 500 dollar copy cat why not spend the 1300 on a hytech?

·
0 Posts
true but if ur gonna spend 500-700 on a POS buddy club why not spend 500 on a copy cat ssr?

and if ur looking at spending ~1300 for a hand built ssr that u can now get a 500 dollar copy cat why not spend the 1300 on a hytech?
I don't disagree with any of that. All I am saying is that there are not that many "bad" headers for a supercharged RSX.

·
Work Safe, Home Safe
16 Posts
I have seen, heard, and read the dyno sheet of a hytech header build specifically for a SC application and their were significant gains on it compared to another company's RH. There are some differences when going from certain RH manufacturers.

·
cracker jack box driver
2,997 Posts
o ok so to answer the ts question it seems that if ur lookin at a header 100-300 , 500-700 kidd racing and if ur looking for the best header u can buy for the ctsc setup it would be a hytech.

but let it be known while im sure each upgrade will produce slightly more power, spending 1300 on a hytech will not net u that much more than the cheaper setups.

·
cracker jack box driver
2,997 Posts
I have seen, heard, and read the dyno sheet of a hytech header build specifically for a SC application and their were significant gains on it compared to another company's RH. There are some differences when going from certain RH manufacturers.
i would believe that to be true esp since i think that the ssr is tailored to n/a applications.

when i spoke with danny he said the 4-2-1 he designed was for 260hp n/a applications but seems to do really well with the supercharger.

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts
is the obx good quality
i can't imagine... cheap metal cheap welds
TK-421 runs the OBX one with his k24 frank build, might wanna hit him up :thumbsup:

Design-wise, it's pretty dang close to the CTRH, and I can't say enough good things about that RH

Hytech SC application was 10 hp / 10 tq over a vibrant RH application.
The Vibrant is JRRH replica isn't it? The JRRH has never been known to be a great SCer RH. The primaries are very short and also small in diameter. I'd imagine that most RH's would net 10whp/wtq gains over that specific header.

·
☆☆☆
28,161 Posts
Hytech SC application was 10 hp / 10 tq over a vibrant RH application.
I hope you are not talking about the one with the high-flow cat.

·
cracker jack box driver
2,997 Posts
TK-421 runs the OBX one with his k24 frank build, might wanna hit him up :thumbsup:

Design-wise, it's pretty dang close to the CTRH, and I can't say enough good things about that RH

The Vibrant is JRRH replica isn't it? The JRRH has never been known to be a great SCer RH. The primaries are very short and also small in diameter. I'd imagine that most RH's would net 10whp/wtq gains over that specific header.
i remember an ssr vs jrrh dyno somewhere dont remember if it was na or supercharged but the mid range gains were awesome. i searched for the cheapest ssr i could find and picked it up. noticed some slight gains over the toda header i was using as well.

·
No Longer Blown...
3,429 Posts
i remember an ssr vs jrrh dyno somewhere dont remember if it was na or supercharged but the mid range gains were awesome. i searched for the cheapest ssr i could find and picked it up. noticed some slight gains over the toda header i was using as well.
Yeah that old JRRH has weak mid-range, I used to have that RH lol

·
above status quo
2,399 Posts
I would love to know what makes Hytech better than SSR :rolleyes:

Their is quality and their is quantity, generally speaking one is usually slightly sacrificed for the other.

You get what you pay for, period the end.

I would take my SSR 4-1 over a kidd racing any day.

This is partly because I believe highly in quality and things being hand made.

Each to their own :dontknow:

·
cracker jack box driver
2,997 Posts
I would love to know what makes Hytech better than SSR :rolleyes:

Their is quality and their is quantity, generally speaking one is usually slightly sacrificed for the other.

You get what you pay for, period the end.

I would take my SSR 4-1 over a kidd racing any day.

This is partly because I believe highly in quality and things being hand made.

Each to their own :dontknow:
i dont have any back to back dynos comparing the headers and im not knocking ssr its whats on my car currently but when i spoke with danny about choosing a header design he told me to stick to go with 4-2-1 and that the headers he designed where for 260hp all motor applications.

hytech uses anti reversion champers. not sure exactly how much this helps performance but it is an intersting addition to a custom header. hytech exhaust has been making custom header designs for racing teams for years its there specialty if you want the highest quality hand made custom exhaust i think hytechs the way to go if u have 1300 to spend.

"The chamber was originally developed by Jim Feuling in the early 80’s, he did emissions for Ford and GM. I had the chance to meet Jim. I updated the original design. Reversion is the secondary pressure wave that travels back up the primary pipes and enters into the cylinder on valve overlap. As this pressure wave travels back up the pipe, it brings with it all the residual gases still left in the pipe. This is what contaminates the fresh intake charge. Enter in stepped headers and Anti-Reversion chambers, placed at strategic locations in the primary pipes. These methods are employed to tune the arrival of the exhaust wave and to diminish the effects of the high pressure in the pipes. The results are higher volumetric efficiency and more power with increased throttle response and a stronger air vacuum."

21 - 33 of 33 Posts