Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
if you look around you will find a lot of reviews on the CAI. I believe there are only two available for the base so your choices are limmited. Either the AEM Cai or the Injen Cai. The injen is probably your best bet since they give you a smaller washer bottle with it. Thats what I plan on getting when I get some money. Next time just look around the forum or do a search and you will find a lot of info on different products

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
Xplicit said:
you name is mind boggling. not that i miind or care.

people say there is no JDM rsx. it's an INTEGRAAAAHHHHHHHH WHY?
Oh you seem to be lost Base owner, Incase you haven't even looked at the history of the so called 'rsx' you would've learned so long ago that the RSX chassis, engine, design, company, came from a car called the Honda Integra :eek: So infact your car is the lowest model Integra and there's no point in actually doing anything to it, unless you can beat klutchrsx.. don't expect to beat anything that can't handle the RSX type S. :wavey:

:sleep:

·
Registered
549 Posts
wow sifuspec, you're lame. you come in here with your bullshit shit talking belittling base owners how pathetic. get a life man, it's people like you who make the RSX community appear as arrogant kids.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I agree...with a few mods a base could easily keep up with a type s. Race header, CAI, Exhaust, and hondata and I bet a base would give a type s a run for their money. Plus with those mods it would still be cheaper than buying a type s. The only reason that I bought a base was because the insurance on the S was rediculous.

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
Getting back to the origional question, I got the AEM CAI. I got that one because i got a really good deal on it. It was a pain in the @$$ though to relocate the washer fluid bottle.

If you plan on doing a self install, I suggest getting the Injen Cai. Powergain is about the same with both of them.

·
Banned
6,418 Posts
SiFuSpEc said:
Oh you seem to be lost Base owner, Incase you haven't even looked at the history of the so called 'rsx' you would've learned so long ago that the RSX chassis, engine, design, company, came from a car called the Honda Integra :eek: So infact your car is the lowest model Integra and there's no point in actually doing anything to it, unless you can beat klutchrsx.. don't expect to beat anything that can't handle the RSX type S. :wavey:

:sleep:
hahaha :D

i love it when you talk dirty

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
enjoy187 said:
wow sifuspec, you're lame. you come in here with your bullshit shit talking belittling base owners how pathetic. get a life man, it's people like you who make the RSX community appear as arrogant kids.
:thumbsup:

Yup, one line made this all go to hell, sorry if I insulted you, it was more toward ' xplicit ' perhaps next time someone calls a mod of mine rice i'll say they're just another arrogant kid..

It's also good once in awhile for someone to step up and tell me when i've crossed the line, which also refrains me from posting in times of this boards low points.. :nervous:

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
Hey, you must be one of those arrogant kids enjoy187 was talking about,
I just relized how much I screwed this thread up..
AEM vs. Injen, i'd have to go with whatever you get a deal on. Good luck..

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I've read most of the V2 threads and the gains discussed are almost exclusively in regards to the type-s. What are the gains on a stock base like?
Thanks.

9,696 Posts
I'd say the best intake is the injen CAI. I'm getting one in a couple weeks!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Best intake

Trumpet7C said:
I'd say the best intake is the injen CAI. I'm getting one in a couple weeks!
i would have to agreed that injen is the best intake, i just got a injen RD CAI, althought where the stock intake place will be empty, but i can fee :wavey: l the power gain.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I've had both AEM CAI and now Injen CAI. Really I cant feel a difference between the two. The Injen is a little easier to install and comes with a replacement water reservoir whereas the AEM doesn't and relocating the reservoir to the other side of the car is a bitch. Honestly for price and ease of installation, Injen would be the best way to go.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
95% of your car is made in Japan, so primariliy it's already JDM so quit ur complaining :p And I bought a base model because I know I don't want a k20a3 or a2, I'd rather just have fun with the a3 then put in the itr motor :p So for about $24,000 I have a K20A powered DC5 so blah to you! The base does have a purpose ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts