Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am a new guy; just signed up. I have an '03 RSX and I am looking for the best mod for my money to boost horespower and performance. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
i would have to say a Cold Air Intake...

D

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I would also say that an CAI would be the best mod for the money

·
Korican
874 Posts
tb's type-s said:
Turbo....... I mean cold air intake.
-Tony
Haha, same here :D

·
Super Modulator
2,128 Posts
I've heard the JDM rear sway bar is good bang for the buck too

·
Registered
529 Posts
An intake is a good start. I dunno on the base RSX but in my EP3 Si upper end power was almost night and day. Then Hondata, oh lord it pulls so sweet in the upper RPMs (See sig).

If you think about it, Apexi AFC is about $300, cat-back exhaust is roughtly $3-500. So that's about roughly $600 and you gain what? 8HP at the most? Hondata for $600 is like 10 HP plus you get the added revs (7300 RPMs instead of 6800 for you guys). I sware by my Hondata reflash :D :thumbsup:

·
Need Sleep
3,523 Posts
DavidT said:
An intake is a good start. I dunno on the base RSX but in my EP3 Si upper end power was almost night and day. Then Hondata, oh lord it pulls so sweet in the upper RPMs (See sig).

If you think about it, Apexi AFC is about $300, cat-back exhaust is roughtly $3-500. So that's about roughly $600 and you gain what? 8HP at the most? Hondata for $600 is like 10 HP plus you get the added revs (7300 RPMs instead of 6800 for you guys). I sware by my Hondata reflash :D :thumbsup:
On the EP3, do you know if the crank and c-rods are fully counter-balanced (Type S crank and C-rods)? Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
For show: exhaust, for go: Hondata, for handling: drop springs.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hondata is a great mod for the type-s not for the base. best bang for the buck would be cold air intake. Just be aware a cai (cold air intake), if driven through water raises the chances of getting hydrolock.

Hondata's programable ecu will be something that will be very benificial for all honda modders down the road, it will achieve the best results out of your mods.

·
6,981 Posts
RSXshift said:
Hondata is a great mod for the type-s not for the base. best bang for the buck would be cold air intake. Just be aware a cai (cold air intake), if driven through water raises the chances of getting hydrolock.
Still a great mod for the base. After an intake, it's the best mod out there.

Definitely a CAI will be the best initial mod for the buck.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts