Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
cleannn
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the dealy...I'm not talking about lowering springs or coilovers...but....suspension parts like bars and what not...

there are soo many that it all confuses me...(noob i know.)

I want part brands that are the gooood stuff....mugen, spoon, arc, etc etc...

umm...i have no clue where to look for this stuff...so if you have any links for me that would help out a lot!

i don't want parts that are going to make me move stuff around or drill through carpet or interior stuff..

THANKS!!

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Bracing is the last thing you shoud add, your stock bushings are crap, replace those first.

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
Well, the 1st thing you have to figure out is what are you setting this car up to do.

are you going to be chasing a clock? or just tearing around on the street?

·
cleannn
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the 1st thing you have to figure out is what are you setting this car up to do.

are you going to be chasing a clock? or just tearing around on the street?
definitely daily driving and some street tearing.

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
Ok, then take an objective look at how the car is handling now.

what does it do that you like, what does it do that you don't like. and what would you like it do do more or less of?

Basically we need to have a base line assessment of the car before we can really help you tune it.

and for reference, with suspensions theres rarely a "best" of any thing. People have brands they prefer, they have brands they trust more then others.. but its hard to attach a "best" to any thing.

·
Brewer, Patriot.
107 Posts
I'm a big fan of a Type S or ITR rear sway. Corrects some of the factory oversteer and maintains comfortable ride. (THis makes it fun) Also a set of nice tires. (This will make the car handle.)

I recently got ES bushings, but haven't gotten off my duff to install them yet.

Good luck.

·
cleannn
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, then take an objective look at how the car is handling now.

what does it do that you like, what does it do that you don't like. and what would you like it do do more or less of?

Basically we need to have a base line assessment of the car before we can really help you tune it.

and for reference, with suspensions theres rarely a "best" of any thing. People have brands they prefer, they have brands they trust more then others.. but its hard to attach a "best" to any thing.
To be honest with you...I love the way the car drives already...but i just want to take it a step further. Be able to corner faster umm...this is the first sporty car i've actually driven and I am quite pleased. Possibly I should I build up the engine so I know how it will handle when I am done building up the power. Cause I am sure that it will be a completely different animal from what it is now (V2 intake) to what I want it to be (Lots of stuff s/c, header, exhaust, kpro, etc etc). does this answer ur question??

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
It wont be a different animal at all, you'll just be traveling at a higher velocity when you hit that tree/light post/guard rail.

Ok, so if you like the way the car handles now I would say that you should then start concentrating on you the driver. Rather then the car.

So, Have you been to an autocross?

·
cleannn
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
umm...never been to autocross actually. I'm not sure where around here there is anything. but...really is all that suspension stuff useless??

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
running your car in a autoX will show you what needs to be improved.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts