Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A call out to the phone addicts of BC ClubRSX :)

I got off the phone with Rogers... long story short, they renewed my contract in March after the "90 days early" call (my contract 'really' ends towards the end of this month).

And despite renew my contract, they do not renew the discounts. Up until now, I've had a pretty kickass plan that came out with early evenings, a mess of data, voicemail, etc, etc to $52.25.
That plan will bump up to $55 at the end of the month, but my cancellation fee is only $12.
The attitude of the customer service rep was horrendous. First, the normal service rep couldn't do much to my account since I was on a retention plan, but the retention guy refused to take the call, as I wasn't originally cancelling. I simply said "well, if I can't keep my discounts, I cancel".
Then when he said the best he could do was $3 more, I said... well dude... I can go to Wind for $48.
To which he said "we don't really consider them competition". Same service, same area. No, they aren't as big, but really, does that make them non competitive? Geez, cocky.

Now I'm looking for a new plan. I am a light user. I need data, but not all that much, I used between 70-110 Mb. I call locally, from locally.
So far the best deal seems to be Wind at $25 for unlimited local calling, 100MB data ($5) + voicemail = $33

I'm also a student again. Anybody seen anything hot?

·
e90
115,535 Posts
go to the malls, they have summer student plans out.

I switched to virgin last year and love the service. No outages anywhere so far.

myBuddies 65 for Smartphones

200 anytime minutes
myPeeps
Promo - 10 National Buddies
Wi-Fi Unlimited at Starbucks
Unlimited evenings & wknd from 6PM
Unlimited International Text
Unlimited Incoming Text
Unlimited Picture Messaging
Unlimited Text to Canada
Smartphone Data - 6 GB
Standard LD Rate (to U.S. & CAN)
Voicemail 10
Caller ID

$75 + tax

This same plan on fido at the time I was paying $95 per month and was 1 gb data

·
Registered
833 Posts
4s fido

Unlimited incoming
150 day time which is more than enough
Unlimited After 6pm
Unlimited weekend/holidays
Unlimited international SMS
Unlimited local SMS
Caller ID
6 GB of data

$73 with tax.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just renewed my plan for the s3 as well.
They wouldn't give me the option of a better data plan.

200 mins
2500 text
voicemail
unlimited after 6
500mb
caller id etc

- $55 after tax.

There's a promotion to get 2 gig of data for $65 tax included. I'm guessing it's a $35 data plan. Ah rogers sucks.

·
e90
115,535 Posts
^wasnt comparing your plan to mine, just letting you know that after shopping around I got my plan for $20 cheaper and got better data.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I can't believe these customer service stories still exist. In a day with such intense competition. Some CSRs need to get slapped around. I actually went through this ordeal recently when renewing with TELUS whom I've been with since 2003. Long story short got told off by a CSR, called back twice to 2 other CSRs, finally got what I wanted, then filed a complaint with a team lead/manager. He did call me back to apologize.

Anyway... Here's the gist of my plan: 500 daytime, unlimited evening and weekend 5pm, 6GB data, CID, VM3, picture messaging...Pretty much more than I could ever use. $55 plus tax.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.