Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Best projectors for retrofit?

12K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  zerocol 
#1 ·
So I'm looking for the best projector to use on my retrofit for a reasonable price. I know I can get mini bixenon for 100 from retro solutions but I'm looking on for a good oem projector the the Tsx. I just missed one on eBay that sold for 90 safely. What other oem projectors are good to use and don't require tons of modification. Also I'm not looking for ebay brands but real oem headlights that are used.

#9 ·
First thing first.

What is your budget?

Single Or Bixenon?

Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors are Bixenon and is the best bang for bucks, a lot better than most hid system out on the streets. Very affordable.

FX-R is also another Bi-xenon which is good. I'm not much of a fan of these projectors because they are huge.

RX330 AFS/Non-AFS is very wide and output is good if you use good ballast and bulbs. Baby s2k projectors. Perfect size.

If you guys are interested in getting retrofits done, I've been doing retros for a lot of people around the Bay Area.

http://www.bayareaprelude.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31324

#10 ·
Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors are Bixenon and is the best bang for bucks, a lot better than most hid system out on the streets. Very affordable.

FX-R is also another Bi-xenon which is good.

RX330 AFS/Non-AFS is very wide and output is good if you use good ballast and bulbs.
:iamwiths:

#11 ·
Seems the OP bailed. But, can anyone help me with a recommendation?
A little insight into my situation: 2002 Acura RSX bulbs keep going out. Need to replace with something long lasting. HID is my solution! :D
I would prefer to have the bixenon type of projector with the projector sitting in the low beam "bowl" of the headlamp. If I must install it into the high beam "bowl", I will. I've seen fx-r bixenon recommended, moritmoto recommended, retro-solutions seems to be really good. Then, of course, there is the vendor of this section, etc. It's been difficult for me to piece everything together. Especially the little things. I would like to have the appropriate shrouds, brackets, etc on hand when doing the install so I don't get hung up on waiting for an additional piece to come in.
I can not seem to find anything definite on the 02-04 DC5 and am hoping for some clarity. I tried to cover all of my concerns (or commonly asked questions) in my post. Any help is appreciated!! :pray::D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.