Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was just curious to as to what would be the best pump gas around. I usually pump shell v power or 93 at BP. Is there anything around that’s better ?

·
WILDCARD!
1,192 Posts
I don't know where you might be able to find better, but I wouldn't really worry about. So long as you're putting premium and not regular, your car will be just fine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also sorry if this is the wrong place for this post. Wasn’t sure where else to post

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. My father said something about 94 but I do not ever recall seeing 94 around at all.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You don't need any higher than 91 octane. The only reason I can think of where you would need a higher octane rating is if you were running advanced ignition resulting in knock.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
In terms of cleanliness, just look for a "Top Tier Detergent" label on the pump. The big names like Shell, Chevron, and Valero all have Top Tier fuels. One may have more detergents than the other, but I don't know whether it makes that large of a difference.

·
Registered
108 Posts
91 octane works just fine. If there are any specialty gas stations that carry 100 octane racing gas, sometimes its nice to add 5 gals of this fuel every once in a while to treat yourself/car to a treat.

·
Registered
92 Posts
For the best performance, find 93 octane fuel with no methanol content. It is hard to find these days, but can be found. You will not hurt your engine with any name-brand fuel of 91 octane or higher.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use 93. Ratio 6.2 gallons to 1 octane booster from where has them the cheapest $5-8 is normal. This ratio gives me 32-35 mpg driving with care. I get on the throttle a little not much to get those mpg. Mostly all city driving. I can keep the Rpm's lower than the interstate in the city cuz of the gearing

·
Registered
75 Posts
The cam2 by my house is 118 leaded...wow

I would run cam2 112 leaded on track weekends once my VP 102 Oxygenated unleaded would run out.

Never hurt anything to run 112 leaded every now and then. It is one of those moments when it may hurt my O2 sensor it may not..things went fine lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts