Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone is time for me to change the filter of my cai but I was thinking why not upgrade it and get maybe a bigger size with a velocity stack, like 3.5 and velocity stack with a reduced for fit it on the CAI?im thinking about this just for try to squeeze a little more from my cai, or it would be the best just get the 3inch with the velocity stack and call it a day?thanks !

·
Registered
826 Posts
Bruh, you asked this on another post already... Just get the 3". You won't see any power with either one without a dyno, just better throttle response.

Do you really think .5" extra in diameter will be noticeable? You'd see more improvement from the vinyl sticker that came with the intake.

·
Q_Q
8,101 Posts
Hi everyone is time for me to change the filter of my cai but I was thinking why not upgrade it and get maybe a bigger size with a velocity stack, like 3.5 and velocity stack with a reduced for fit it on the CAI?im thinking about this just for try to squeeze a little more from my cai, or it would be the best just get the 3inch with the velocity stack and call it a day?thanks !
This is what I've been running for years with my Injen CAI and have been happy with it:

https://www.bpi-us.com/product-page/bpi-3-0-flow-stack-standard-filter-kit

Dyno result on RSX (keep it mind it was with the filter removed and with AEM v2 not CAI), but I think realistically you could see around a 5hp gain throughout the power curve.
https://www.bpi-us.com/single-post/2017/12/13/2002-Acura-RSX-Type-S

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well at the end of the day I decided get the k tuned filter and velocity stack 3.5 inch combo and I got a reducer from 3.5 to 3.0 for can fit it on the Injen tubing, I struggled a little bit (I have fogs)but It fit, and about gains ? YES it was worth it I can feel it pulling a harder on higher rpms, also the sound change a little bit, isn’t that deep anymore but now the whistle is more loud, I kinda like it, having the k tuned rh and a custom 2.75 exhaust with no resonator and a hks muffler is pretty loud tho, also I just wanna add I got the KTUNED transmission bushings and the MTEC springs, It make a big difference, also IDK WHY people hate so much on k tuned, personally all my parts and my buddies always work right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts