Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
cracker jack box driver
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i dont know what the hell is going on but i ran 4 times today at englishtown and the best fucking time i could come up with is 15.2...can someone help me please...i have the aem intake and the 50 shot... also what jets are supposed to be used maybe im using the wrong jets?? and what jets are used to make a 75 shot??

·
Registered
917 Posts
60ft time and trap speed?

·
cracker jack box driver
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st run
60 2.439
1/8 10.050
1/4 15.380
92mph

2nd run
60 2.792
1/8 10.245
1/4 15.536
93mph

3rd run
60 2.368
1/8 9.926
1/4 15.270
92mph

4th run
60 2.367
1/8 9.918
1/4 15.265
92mph

this was my first time at the track ever... but still my friend in his base 95 3000 gt was getting consistent 15.1s with a intake...its pretty sad that i couldnt beat him with a 50 shot so someone please tell me whats going on

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
oh man those numbers do blow man. i'm only running a v2 and es mm's and i got better. from the last 2 runs, u got some decent traction off the line, but i dunno why yer mph isn't higher. is it actually spraying? :)

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
60' times.

they suck.

i'd also question if you were spraying.

i've concluded my times were the worst on n20 due to the added weight (stereo, brownbread), heavy tires (falken 451's), and lack of experience with track conditions (been to 3 different ones). and i still managed 2.5' 60's, and ran 14.6 at over 100.

with those low traps, i'd say you're not spraying.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Something is definantly wrong. I trapped way higher speeds with a 65 shot in my 91 Prelude. My worse run was 15.2 @ 95 or so MPH and my best run in the Prelude was 14.6 @ 96.4 MPH.

You have a much better base to start off being you have a Type S that should be trapping those speeds anyway. Are you sure your n2o is spraying? And what kit do you have because each manufacturer has different jet settings to make up a shot.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
i stand corrected..... my fastest run was as follows...
rt .751
60' 2.548
660 79.79
660 9.603
1/4 100.22
1/4 14.515

now yes, those are horrible.....but the times are useful.

.1 of a second on a 60' is good for .2 at the end. had i cut a 2.2, which is a moderate time anymore, 2.1's are becoming normal, that'd put me at a 14 flat., which is what it should run. (this lets me know it's me, and not the car :D )

regardless, on a non spraying pass ( the few i did ) my 660 time was right at 10, which is where you are. you're not spraying. and if you are, you have VERY low bottle pressure. Whats it read? do have have a purge, heater?

·
cracker jack box driver
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
.i have a purge and a bottle heater... but my pressure gauge so i dont know... but i did let the bottle heat up like 5 min each time before i ran what jets are used to run a 50 shot so i can make sure thats right as well...

·
cracker jack box driver
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i ran my car like that for 4 pass's do u think thats bad for the car...also is it bad if u spray into the engine when its off... and is it bad if u spray while u shift like if u hold it while in first let off the gas push the clutch in and shift to second while spraying i think i did it once on accident...

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
your questions border on the realm, making me wonder if i should take them seriously.

55 degrees? you were probably at 500-600 MAYBE. which means you ran rich as hell, and your plugs would have been black as hell, had you pulled them out. i always run between 1000 - 1050.

lets start over... what do you have? any safety stuff? a rpm limiter isn't gonna save you from frying your motor if you engage n2o while not in a gear.

·
cracker jack box driver
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i live in jersey it was around 55... alright i have a aem intake, nitrous express wet kit with purge and bottle heater... switch's are as follows: fuel cut off,bottle heater, master arming switch purge switch(my remote bottle opener is not hooked up yet) my psi gauge is striped so i dont know what psi i was running. i turned the heater on once i got on line to run. now could someone please tell me what jets i am supposed to have to run a 50 shot??

·
cracker jack box driver
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i posted pics of my nitrous set up in my photo gallery... its not totally done yet like i said the bottle opener has to be installed, the area with the switchs needs to be finished, the wood for the bottle needs to be carpeted, and something needs to be connected to the intake which u can see if u look at the close up of the intake. warmpepsi what is ur email address i can send u videos as well if u still believe that "my questions border on the realm"

·
Registered
173 Posts
jet sizes .. call Toll Free: 888-463-2781.. ask for tech support .. or look in your book .. try running the 75 jets and see what numbers you put down .. .. are you purging after each run ..

60 times suck .. what rpm are you launching @ ?? anything less than 5500 wont give you good times .. the type s stock should run 14.xx w

1 - 20 of 47 Posts