Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
SEND EMAIL, NO PM!
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how to go about this... I washed, and i think some water dried on the paint... they look like spots that are a lighter black (my car is NBP)

i've washed many cars, and this has never happened before... I tried claybar, and the car has been polished, and i don't notice a difference!

any ideas?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Mr. Clean Autodry ftw!

·
Four Rings
5,094 Posts
use the ....i think....50/50 mixture of vinager and water, that worked for me when i first got my car...now i just dont let the water dry when i wash it.

·
SEND EMAIL, NO PM!
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

here's a pic of what i have... i'm starting to think it could be from the washer fluid because it occurs behind the washer nozzles on the hood, a bit on the roof and then some on the trunk lid... but i'm still unsure

·
Registered
131 Posts
Krisen Type-S said:

here's a pic of what i have... i'm starting to think it could be from the washer fluid because it occurs behind the washer nozzles on the hood, a bit on the roof and then some on the trunk lid... but i'm still unsure
maybe my eyes just suck but what is that a picture of?? Besides the water spots, looks your garage door or something.

·
SEND EMAIL, NO PM!
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RSXOpie said:
so thats a reflection off the car. just looks like you took a picture of the garage door or something
lol, no thats a pic of the roof of my car.. the garage door just showed up in the reflection... yea, its pretty shiny lol

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
first try a light polish, i believe u have Optimum Polish with all pads, then try Poorboys SSR 2.5, i believe u have that one as well, if that doesnt work, youre gonna have to go all out and wetsand but try the other ways first...let us know

·
NIKON Crew Rep
2,429 Posts
u had some serious spots on my hood too, as well as residue from bird droppings. i used rubbing compound, followed by finer rubbing compound, followed by scratch X, the wax to buff it out

·
NIKON Crew Rep
2,429 Posts
if they are deposits, and you cant feel them, maybe theres a chance that u waxed over the spots.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts