Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive heard of using dish soap, using alcohol with water 50/50.

are there any other methods or cleaners made for this?

·
vtec just kicked in yo
245 Posts
Clay bar?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ended up getting the p21s clensing lotion. gonna try it out next week. i heard a lot of good reviews on autopia.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just had my TypeS A-SPEC sprayed and the guy at the shop (paint job turned out killer) said there is no point in clay baring or even worrying about wax build up period. He said if you don't see water beading up, then the wax has worn and washed away. He said wax doesn't really build up like people talk about, especially a liquid wax. It will wear out before it ever builds up.

He said to wax once a month with a good paste wax with cleaner and you're good to go. Keep it waxed once a month with regular washes and the paint will last forever.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I just had my TypeS A-SPEC sprayed and the guy at the shop (paint job turned out killer) said there is no point in clay baring or even worrying about wax build up period. He said if you don't see water beading up, then the wax has worn and washed away. He said wax doesn't really build up like people talk about, especially a liquid wax. It will wear out before it ever builds up.

He said to wax once a month with a good paste wax with cleaner and you're good to go. Keep it waxed once a month with regular washes and the paint will last forever.
right, but if youre going to do paint correction, use compound or cutting polish, you need to have a completely clean surface void of wax etc. for optimal results

·
Need Help ?
1,891 Posts
Just use dish soap or a clay bay. Soap would leave a residue. alcohol wipe down. 50/50 with water. Paint would be bare after this. Like my balls after a shave.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts