Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would give me better gains? I already have AEM CAI.
option #1: comptech race header, fujitsubo pg, and hondata #4
or
option #2: itr intake manifold, itr cams w/ s2000 valve springs, and hondata #4
Which of these two combo would result in better gains? I'm trying to hit low 14s. My best so far is 14.7 with CAI and Azenis. If I get option 2, I could probably get it by mid February, but, If I go option 1, I have to wait till probably April. What do you guys think.

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
enilm said:
What would give me better gains? I already have AEM CAI.
option #1: comptech race header, fujitsubo pg, and hondata #4
or
option #2: itr intake manifold, itr cams w/ s2000 valve springs, and hondata #4
Which of these two combo would result in better gains? I'm trying to hit low 14s. My best so far is 14.7 with CAI and Azenis. If I get option 2, I could probably get it by mid February, but, If I go option 1, I have to wait till probably April. What do you guys think.
That's a hard one to gulp down. But to answer your question, option one would be my choice. But my opinion would be to WAIT for cams that are around the same price range as the type-r that will come out this year, and also get the hondata programmable ecu and the race header all at once. Or do it one at a time so you can see the HP gained and post dyno sheets up for every significant mod

peace out
HARDCORE Mikey

·
Chemical Soldier
1,139 Posts
You seem a little confused. How much money are you willing to spend? You don't need s2000 springs to run itr cams. And with the itr cams, you'd get the itr flash, not hondata #4.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
HardcoreRsxS said:
That's a hard one to gulp down. But to answer your question, option one would be my choice. But my opinion would be to WAIT for cams that are around the same price range as the type-r that will come out this year, and also get the hondata programmable ecu and the race header all at once. Or do it one at a time so you can see the HP gained and post dyno sheets up for every significant mod

peace out
HARDCORE Mikey
:iamwiths:

·
Registered
715 Posts
is mugen valve springs? much stronger than toda?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, in a couple of weeks, I'll be having about $1600- 1800. So with that, I'll be able to go with option 2. But if I go option 1, you know those comptech headers are expensive and I'll have to wait a couple more weeks.
The thing is that I have a cousin that has a '93 civic bubble back. He is going to have a swapped engine, which is going to be a civic SI dohc with a Jackson Racing supercharge. I know he'll probably be running high 13s. I just don't want him to beat me by that much. He brags about everything too much. That's why I was wondering which option would give me better gains. Cause I'm trying to have this done by first week of March.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
I don't know that I would trust running Mugen valvesprings with the Schrick cams. If they make more hp than the Todas, that means that the lift is at least the same as the Toda(Spec As). The Mugen valvesprings are rated for ITR cams.

On a side note, I started with AEM CAI, went to Hondata ITR flash/ITR intake manifold/ITR cams/Toda valvesprings, and am now waiting on my Toda header and Mugen exhaust to get here. I have been very happy with the gains I have made thus far, and I know I will be even happier as soon as I bolt up the exhaust pieces. It really is all up to personal preference. Search around the board and see what other individuals have done. There are so many different setups out there that you may choose a completely different path once you do a some research. Good luck to you.

:thumbsup:

oh yea, there are some new ITR cams on ebay for a buy it now price of $459(plus shipping). You should check it out. Just do a search for JDM DC5.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey bigdawg, did you ever dyno your car with the setup you got. Also have you taken it to the track to see your improvements. In other words, how did you notice the gains, besides the butt dyno. Have you raced somebody before and after the setup to see the difference.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
No dyno, no track time. I have raced several people though. There is a guy here in GA with a Type S with intake/exhaust/shorty header who can testify as to how quick my car is. We raced on a local highway a couple of times and he always got taken.

I plan to dyno after the header/exhaust install, but that will not help you. There are a lot of dynocharts around though. Look for the sticky with the graphs and compare based on the mods you are looking to get. Remember that all dynos are different, but this will give you a good reference point as to where YOU would like to start.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
BigDawg said:
No dyno, no track time. I have raced several people though. There is a guy here in GA with a Type S with intake/exhaust/shorty header who can testify as to how quick my car is. We raced on a local highway a couple of times and he always got taken.

I plan to dyno after the header/exhaust install, but that will not help you. There are a lot of dynocharts around though. Look for the sticky with the graphs and compare based on the mods you are looking to get. Remember that all dynos are different, but this will give you a good reference point as to where YOU would like to start.
haven't raced me yet! muhahahaha :laughing:

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Oh I will, especially since the Todaq got here today!!!!:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts