Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine has a product with a teflon base(can't say teflon as it is patent protected, but that is what it is) that is put on the car with a buffer, and he guarantees that you will not have to wax for 5 years on a new car, and 3 years on an older car. The "teflon" screws itself into or between the paint molecules, and makes the car a smooth as wax or polimer. It will not wear off for that 5 year span, and dirt just rinses right off and back comes your deep shine.

Only problem is, it takes all the fun out of detailing your car!

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
mymiata said:
Friend of mine has a product with a teflon base(can't say teflon as it is patent protected, but that is what it is) that is put on the car with a buffer, and he guarantees that you will not have to wax for 5 years on a new car, and 3 years on an older car. The "teflon" screws itself into or between the paint molecules, and makes the car a smooth as wax or polimer. It will not wear off for that 5 year span, and dirt just rinses right off and back comes your deep shine.

Only problem is, it takes all the fun out of detailing your car!
:eek: Where can I get this???

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
This sounds a lot like advertising....

...and a bullshit product that will either not work and/or fuck up your finish.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry if it sounds like advertising. I am new to this site and just kept reading about brand named wax and polimer products, so I thought it would be OK to mention this.

If this is against the rules, it won't happen again. And you may be right about a bullshit product, but not in my opinion. And you may be right about screwin up your finish, but not in my opinion.

I thought this was a place to inform and talk about, judge, and discuss what is OUT THERE. All I can tell you is what I know, and if you know better, That's FINE WITH ME!!!

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
There are strict rules about pimping products for yourself or friends...and it sounds a lot like your friend is a purveyor of this product...if not, my apologies...

...this is a place to discuss, not drum up business.

...and I wouldn't trust anything that claims to bond to my car's finish. History shows that there's no short cut to a nice car...elbow grease and a good quality wax is the answer.

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
Okay...just checked the website...

hmmm....the guy pimping the product is a guy retired, living in Florida...

...and what a coincidence that this mymiata guy is described as retired and living in Florida in his profile.

I'd say you have a very short time here to either explain or get banned.

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
If it's the same guy, you'd think he'd do a better job of "disguising"...

·
Registered
637 Posts
Teflon huh? "Screws itself into the paint?" That's great, that just made my day!:D I have got this new ointment for all you guys out there that would like a few extra inches. Anyone want to try it? I make it myself using the latest in herbal dietary technology. Guaranteed to give you at least 3 inches!:spin:

This stuff is smoke and mirrors, THERE ARE NO MIRACLE PRODUCTS!

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
I unlocked it since there was no hardcore evidence that he's trying to pimp his product, and was also advised to do so by an admin.

To the threadstarter, please realize that if this is your product you are not allowed to whore it on our website unless you have permission to do so.

Most of us on the website who know anything about car care will realize that this product is bs since nothing will protect your paint for 5 years, or even a year. Strictly an advertising gimmick.

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
...so EB...it won't actually screw itself to my paint? :laughing:

I'm sorry to come down so hard and fast...but this smelt like pimping...and if you're going to pimp, at least pimp a decent product.

·
trunk monkey
6,180 Posts
i dont know. his story COULD be legit. i mean there are alot of retired people in Florida.....it is FLORIDA.

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
...yes, but it still remains that the product is BS...and at the very least, you should try a product before recommending it.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
jp182 said:
i mean there are alot of retired people in Florida.....it is FLORIDA.
tell me about it. during the winter when all the old people from the north east come down, traffic sucks and there are more accidents.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Blah blah blah....

Forget this Teflon bonding to your paint crap. Just look at Slick 50, it too had Teflone in liquid form. Just look at what a POS that product turned out to be.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
basic scientific principle of teflon . . . .

it needs to BAKE onto any finish to adhere . .. at about 500F

wanna bake the car ?

the inventors/owners of teflon state this fact quite clearly . . .(dupont)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts