Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sacked!!
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a prettty smart cookie but i fell for this one. There is a fake paypal email going around saying that your account has been compromised by a 3rd party. It looks VERY offical. They ask you to click the link at the bottom of the page to their website and ask you to log in and verify your account. Since I know a lot of CRSX'ers use Paypal I thought it would be a good warning.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Im a prettty smart cookie but i fell for this one. There is a fake paypal email going around saying that your account has been compromised by a 3rd party. It looks VERY offical. They ask you to click the link at the bottom of the page to their website and ask you to log in and verify your account. Since I know a lot of CRSX'ers use Paypal I thought it would be a good warning.
Yeah same with ebay and shit too.

If I ever get an email asking to login or to give my password, just ignore it.

·
Pancakes
5,344 Posts
Any time you see an email from paypal, ebay, your CC company, or anyone else that says to log in, you should go to your browser and type in the address for who it is (i.e. paypal.com, ebay.com). You should never log into anything through an email link.

·
Moogle
305 Posts
Any time you see an email from paypal, ebay, your CC company, or anyone else that says to log in, you should go to your browser and type in the address for who it is (i.e. paypal.com, ebay.com). You should never log into anything through an email link.
you'd think they're smart enough to do that lol... with all the news and talk about scammers =\

·
Bańned
12,108 Posts
^^ this

·
Registered
92 Posts
any time you see an email from paypal, ebay, your cc company, or anyone else that says to log in, you should go to your browser and type in the address for who it is (i.e. Paypal.com, ebay.com). You should never log into anything through an email link.
+100

·
How do I RSX?
586 Posts
I just got this message as well. x_X I knew it was a fake, because it doesn't even take you to paypal.com when you click on the link. It almost fooled me as well. BE CAREFUL! It's very very official looking, probably one of the best phishing emails I've ever seen.

The email claims that your pay pal account has been compromised and will be a "limited status" until your account can be verified. Well, if you log into paypal and your account is still active, then the email is obviously a fake.

·
Sacked!!
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got this message as well. x_X I knew it was a fake, because it doesn't even take you to paypal.com when you click on the link. It almost fooled me as well. BE CAREFUL! It's very very official looking, probably one of the best phishing emails I've ever seen.

The email claims that your pay pal account has been compromised and will be a "limited status" until your account can be verified. Well, if you log into paypal and your account is still active, then the email is obviously a fake.
Yes I've gotten many scam Emails before but this one looks very real. When I clicked on the link my Anti-virus software detect the page was a forgery and alerted me. So I did nothing after that.

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
^Hahaha, that's what I do as well.

Last time I got one it was for Wells Fargo, which I don't happen to do any business with. I made sure to submit the form with different crap about a dozen or so times.

·
aYO!
42,707 Posts
sounds pretty legit to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.