Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
DC5 to AP1
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out from inside source, that most of the techs do half ass jobs and they are not even certified techs. They are employed regardless of UTI school or what ever tech school. Some porter can even be Techs. Just FYI, this goes for both Honda/Acura. I don't want no jack ass working on my car anyways. I bought my car from the dealer, and never went back for service. O ya, my TL that went in for new tires, came back out w/ new tires and old valvestems. those things started to leak air after 2 weeks. :firemad:

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,245 Posts
I know someone who bought a new car and one of the "techs" too it out for a "test drive". Well he toasted the motor, and they still tried to make him take delivery of the vehicle. Needless to say, he was totally pissed and made them regret the day they stood erect.

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
Depends on the work being done to the car..

someone thing like routine maint....and services is done by C techs or lube guys who are generally not Certified Honda Techs...

thats old news....

The A and B techs and Master Techs are certified Honda Techs...and they do real jobs like Transmission, and valve train...etc etc

they got payed a high hourly rate...having them do an oil change would be too costly for the dealer cuz something like an oil change is good for about 3/10 of an hours pay...which for a tech making $45 an hour...is almost the amount the oil change cost...

as u can see any old joe can change oil or a tire...

Cliff Notes:

Routine Maint is done by lube and C techs....Old News

Master and A and B Techs are honda certified (some c techs too)

they do bigger jobs...

·
PPG Krew
5,477 Posts
Gotta love having ur dad around as ur own personal ASE Certified car genius! :thumbsup:

·
mmm..
4,058 Posts
they are employed because they want to learn they want to get their foot in the business and make money and start their career off. they start off there right after they get outta school (uti for example) or during school. they're trying to learn stuff as they go. Its like not they don't mean to fuck up yo shit. accidents happens. sometimes they're too busy and they just forget stuff. if anything happens you're covered anyways so quit trippin. if you don't like bringing yo shit to them go to a mom and pops shop or work on that shit urself cuz those guys are everywhere. justtires, sears auto, walmart auto, pepboys, firestone, jiffylube. probally some private shops. and ESPECIALLY dealerships so ur kinda fucked

sorry but just defending my fellow technicans. i used to be a lube tech. you just gots to work your way up. so i know how it feels like to be in their position.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
This is exactly why I have a personal mechanic. He used to work for Toyota, Lexus, and Honda until he opened his own place. He's very reasonable with pricing, and he is very knowledgeable. Hell, he changes my oil for $5. Obviously, I have the oil and filter, but everything is so much faster when you have a lift. It's always nice to have someone do a quick routine check when the car is up on a lift, just in case something isn't right.

·
Glock17
243 Posts
This reminds me of the time the dealer forgot to put my drain plug in and my engine almost blew up two miles down the road. I made those bitches test my engine rigorously before I calmed down and left.

·
ArmenianCRSX Crew Founder
3,818 Posts
yeah some dealers are morons. my friend graduated UTI and is a tech @ toyota....fucker makes so much $ and hes very good on cars, hes done all his mods (from cai to supercharged r32s) so ya, i'm letting him install my blower :weeeeeeeeee:

·
the dragon master
5,473 Posts
i went to radley acura in bailey's crossroad, va. I took my rear a-spec to have one or their "TECH" install it, i saw him trying to slap the kit w/out cutting the lower part of the bumper so i approached him, he was like "sorry, this cannot be installed, it wont fit, they sent you the wrong one, you might need to get the whole bumper w/aspec rear" so i gave him the manual right before i told him he needs to cut the bumper and he need to take the oem rear bumper off. It took him a very long time to even understand the manual. Since my car was already there, I just let him finish the job. Then i filled out the acura customer survey and told them about my experience and the kind of tech support they have. oh yea DONT EVER ACCEPT THE FREE CARWASH THEY HAVE, I have seen them clean cars, I actually sneak in where they wash cars and it will fux it up:noes:

·
Currently High.
790 Posts
no shit man. i have my own personal mechanic do ALL the work to my car. well like 90% of it.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,280 Posts
i went to radley acura in bailey's crossroad, va. I took my rear a-spec to have one or their "TECH" install it, i saw him trying to slap the kit w/out cutting the lower part of the bumper so i approached him, he was like "sorry, this cannot be installed, it wont fit, they sent you the wrong one, you might need to get the whole bumper w/aspec rear" so i gave him the manual right before i told him he needs to cut the bumper and he need to take the oem rear bumper off. It took him a very long time to even understand the manual. Since my car was already there, I just let him finish the job. Then i filled out the acura customer survey and told them about my experience and the kind of tech support they have. oh yea DONT EVER ACCEPT THE FREE CARWASH THEY HAVE, I have seen them clean cars, I actually sneak in where they wash cars and it will fux it up:noes:
QFT! I had my car in there like a month ago, they did a shitty wax job and for some stupid reason there is like a petroleum jelly residue on the inside of the windows!? Techs :giggitygiggity: in my car FTMFL!

·
SEE RED
617 Posts
Depends on the work being done to the car..

someone thing like routine maint....and services is done by C techs or lube guys who are generally not Certified Honda Techs...

thats old news....

The A and B techs and Master Techs are certified Honda Techs...and they do real jobs like Transmission, and valve train...etc etc

they got payed a high hourly rate...having them do an oil change would be too costly for the dealer cuz something like an oil change is good for about 3/10 of an hours pay...which for a tech making $45 an hour...is almost the amount the oil change cost...

as u can see any old joe can change oil or a tire...

Cliff Notes:

Routine Maint is done by lube and C techs....Old News

Master and A and B Techs are honda certified (some c techs too)

they do bigger jobs...

This is the troof!
I wouldn't recommend getting your oil changed at a dealership. They pretty much suck! <- experience from workin at at dealership

·
Banned
5,794 Posts
I too have been very dissapointed in the Acura techs. I took my car into the Salt Lake City Acura dealership to have them look at my front end for popping noises. I was told it was the springs, which they fixed. but about 50 miles later, my front end was making noises again. When i was driving straight, it sounded like I was on mud tires, & when I turned left, there was a scraping noise. I couldn't take the car back to the SLC dealership, because I'm stationed in San Diego w/ the Marines. So I took it to the Kearny Mesa dealership, & was told that the other place left a hub bolt loose. So whenever I turned left, the brakes were rubbing against my wheels. So they ended up replacing my entire brake system up front. Since then, I haven't had a single problem.

·
Registered
65 Posts
oh my friend work at honda dealer he doesnt go school for mechniac or anything, we take the new s2000 . for the work certain work the dealer give them certain time they do and get pay for that time if they work faster they could move to different car and they could get over time for it.. for ex: the tranmission dealer give them 5 hr to do it, if they able do it in 1 hr and they move on to nxt car and they get pay for 5 hr job

1 - 20 of 22 Posts