Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
WAHHHH!!!
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some dude backed into me in a parking lot and took off so im left with a big dent the size of a melon in my left front fender with a tiny peny sized dent in the door.

I took the car in to autobodyworld for a quote and they quoted me $1055.00 for the repair. I looked on acura and the fender itself is only $330.00. i would just need to get it painted if i orderd it myself. The only other place that was cheaper was mako for $600 but i hear they are terrible. Whats the best way to do this?

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
See if someone is selling the same colored fender on here. If not even a different colored one, then paint that to match.

Have a paintless dent removal guy look at the door to see if a repaint is required there or not.

·
likes to troubleshoot
2,539 Posts
If you decide to paint it yourself, be sure to get use the right respirator. The best is a high-volume, low pressure pump that pumps air from a remote location through a long hose to a hood. Lots of amateurs that try do their own paint jobs cheap-out on the respirator and end up in the hospital with life-long lung problems.

·
408 and 831
647 Posts
holy god $1000 repair bill? do you have pictures of the accident?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts