Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Big K series Fuel System!!!

5K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  KeseK24RSX 
#1 · (Edited)
check this out for a fuel system 2002 ep3 k20a2 gt3076r 500+whp.

I didnt have to sump the tank so far almost 200 miles no issues.
Very simple fuel system.

the pump-weldon 2025 -8 in and -8 out
plus side: all fuel compatibility.
down side: loud as hell and pricey, no fuel level anymore(tryin to fab something up though)
I had to re install the rear interior its so Fucxxxx loud.

-8 from tank to pump then pump to rail.
-6 return ( cause it was already done in -6)
fuel lab filter in front of pump.
1600cc inj
aem inj driver
fuel lab regulator
golden eagle rail
Tuned By Tony Palo.

sorry for the 2 crappy pics.

I did end up re routing the top feed hose underneath the pump.
I also ran the pick up directly over the top of the tank (not around like pictured) so its only like 4.5ft long and no walbro sock, weldon said thats a no no.
you have to run a very short return due to the flow of the pump. No lean cuts so far. 22-23 psi

Good for about 700whp on e85 and 1400whp on c16 So I was told.
Thanks to Philip from Race-lines.com

See less See more
Discussion starter · #2 ·
wow I thought this fuel system might help some turbo guys, guess not 38 views no commets, lol.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
pretty dangerous if you get rear ended...
not a traffic driven car. Look how big the pump is, I couldnt find another spot.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Discussion starter · #8 ·
Looooove your setup and car...let's get it in the 10's bro!!
thanx man and I promise im trying But damn its hard and you have to pay to play.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
im not seeing how its good. No offense but your fuel gauge should work no matter what kind of pump setup you have, you must have disconnected something by accident of the float is stuck in one position inside the tank with no room to move. Mounting a pump in the rear is dangerous for sure, most of us daily drive are cars. You also have a very long feed from the tank to the pump which is not the best for drivability. Im sorry but I do not see how this is anywhere near as good as the other fuel systems people run on here. But :thumbsup: to your for trying something different.
there is no oem part in the tank thats why the level dosent work anymore. The weldon can pull, lift, and push fuel unlike other pumps. I spoke with weldon they said 4.5-5 feet of pick up is no issue for this pump, thats why it retails for 800.00. remember it goes over the tank straight to the back where the pump is its not as long as you think. look at how much it cost for 2 bosch all the wireing all the fittings the 2 filters ect. It should be more than this system or very close. this is a simple race car style sysytem.

http://www.weldonracing.com/product.phtml?p=18&cat_key=6&prod=D2025-_A__(-8_inlet___outlet) ,maybe this will show you the difference from your bosch.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
No fuel gauge won't work because he completely redid the whole intank setup. No float anymore.
thank you reading before posting.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
how is it going around turns and accel and decel when the gas is sloshing around int the tank? my tuner and i are trying to decide on a set up to easily accomidate 700 whp and are thinking of using a weldon and a swirl pot, this set up if works would delete the costly and large swirl pot.
its been fine so far I drove a little today again, god its loud. The swirl pot will work but you may not need it, I would just be interested in finding a good place to mount the pump for those scared of being rear ended. the pump can be mounted vertically or horizontal.
I have yet to run the system too low on fuel for fear of messing up the pump or running out of e85 due to there is not a gas station at every corner. I think Ill fill up after every 125 miles.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
how is it going around turns and accel and decel when the gas is sloshing around int the tank? my tuner and i are trying to decide on a set up to easily accomidate 700 whp and are thinking of using a weldon and a swirl pot, this set up if works would delete the costly and large swirl pot.
plus you would still have 2 pumps correct if you do the swirl pot? super loud...

Discussion starter · #17 ·
No fuel gauge won't work because he completely redid the whole intank setup. No float anymore.
I even think by welding 2 small arms on the fuel alloy cap I have I could some how put the stock basket back in and use the fuel level again.

Discussion starter · #19 ·
Discussion starter · #20 ·
Discussion starter · #24 ·
lol that pump is huge man..what are your plans for the car?
not real sure Ill be at nopi in march I hope to run very low 11's. The car ran 11.7 on low boost and several lean cut issues due to failing pumps, but let me say damn Remember I just worked the kinks out of the system the end of last wek so I havent raced the car since IFO early november. Tonight I took it out and turned it up to about 1.6 bar and Omg with the 40 something weather and no wind. The car was insane. I was spinning in parts of 4th, I dont know how some of you guys keep these rsx's going straight. I have the best mounts and 235/40/17 michelin ps2's and I couldnt keep the car straight at all. No lean cuts tonight at all. I will deff be trying to get the fuel level in this week. Ill keep everyone posted.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
the swirl pot set up would use my 255 intake pump to fill the pot then the weldon would pull out of that
well I hope this saves you some time.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Two questions:
How does the tank hold pressure when there is no rubber seal around the new metal top you fabbed up, or is there a rubber gasket around it?

What brand of intank hose are your running? From trying out several brands the goodyear high pressure holds okay, but the rest of them just fall apart. I know gates makes an actual intank fuel hose but it's only available in smaller sizes.
I think it is a gates 5/16 bycycle clamp onto an fitting. then really small piece of junk hose on a barb to -6 fitting and bycycle clamp again. there is a rubber gasket all we used was the oem one.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Two questions:
How does the tank hold pressure when there is no rubber seal around the new metal top you fabbed up, or is there a rubber gasket around it?

What brand of intank hose are your running? From trying out several brands the goodyear high pressure holds okay, but the rest of them just fall apart. I know gates makes an actual intank fuel hose but it's only available in smaller sizes.
now the bressure drops once the pump is off there is no pressure unless power, Im using a cut off switch for the pump also.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Discussion starter · #33 ·
I think this is a serious setup. Looks very clean and properly done. I agree the pump location isn't good if you drive on the streets. Is it possible to mount the pump underneath the car or does the pump need to be right side up? to work properly?
it can be horizontal and or vertical.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
this could be a solution.....although it is freaking expensive but don't know how well it will work if our tank runs low.
wow. although same cost most likely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.