Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
aite so i let my brother jack up my car, and he didnt jack it up where the jacking point was so when he got further up the car just sank down and it when thru the floor pan? now theres a big lump on the pass side..... :firemad: anyidea how much it would cost me to fix this..

·
Registered
241 Posts
Got any pics of that? I would love to see what that looks like. You should bang it back out with his head, and if that doesn't work make him pay for it! No, but seriously did it actually make a hole in the floor pan, or just a big impression. If there is no hole I would just try to bang it out!

·
Certified Increadible
2,459 Posts
Got any pics of that? I would love to see what that looks like. You should bang it back out with his head, and if that doesn't work make him pay for it! No, but seriously did it actually make a hole in the floor pan, or just a big impression. If there is no hole I would just try to bang it out!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
The Architect™
7,444 Posts
This happened to my car already. I had just brought my brand new 06' type-s back home. Less than a week later I jacked up my car to install a new exhaust. Where the car was parked was limestone and not concrete and the jackstand sank in one corner and the car fell. The jack went through my drivers side floor board. It didn't really punkture the floor board but it ripped the spot welds.

So I took a mallet and a 2x4 and I placed the 2x4 on my floor board and beat the shit out of it until my floor board was straight. I then took a dead blow hammer and banged out the few little dents that were left. After all that I spot welded the pan to the subframe and I took RTV silicon to the crack where the floor panel seperated from unibody. After that I sprayed a fresh coat of undercoating, basically kinda like a rhino lining of sorts. Our car comes with this coating already but mine was torn from the jack.

Reactions: JCL

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Do this:

Try it yourself. What's the worst that can happen? You either fix it or you make it worse... if you make it worse, then that will justify the $315 to fix. That DOES sound a lil pricy to me (cause they're probably gonna just beat it down how you could do it).

Shop around man, go to a different body shop and get another estimate.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
don't let your brother come within 10 feet of your car, he is an idiot. oh yeah and you should definitely try and even it out yourself, the shop would probably do exactly what you would.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts