1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
totaled
3,115 Posts
Probably a DIY, just take off the emblem and paint it, thats my plan atleast

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Just pop the emblem off, buff it up, primer it, paint it, clear it, reinstall.

Not that difficult ya'll. :dontknow:

·
Registered
374 Posts
:iamwiths: Yup-Yup

·
I mean, this guy...
7,034 Posts
looks nice....i might consider doing this too. Not hard at all really. Just get that gloss black Krylon Fusion paint, wipe the emblem, mask the plastic part, and spray 2 thin layers. Drys in minutes to the touch, and chip resistant after 24hrs. Simple.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
DC5BO said:
looks nice....i might consider doing this too. Not hard at all really. Just get that gloss black Krylon Fusion paint, wipe the emblem, mask the plastic part, and spray 2 thin layers. Drys in minutes to the touch, and chip resistant after 24hrs. Simple.
You're actually better off popping the emblem off the plastic housing, then reattaching after you've painted it. I know when you turn it around, it looks like you'd have to break the little clips that hold on the emblem off, but even if you do clip them a bit, just put some glue on the rear of the housing for reinforcement. Did that to mine when I painted the housing red, on there nice and snug.

·
02' WS6 T/A FTW!
129 Posts
...a little off-topic but i was wondering where i can find the JDM-looking "A" symbols...any know a place i can get them? I searched on google but no luck.

·
One with the Universe
78 Posts
^ Yup.

I painted my front emblem to match, but I noticed a couple days ago it has gotten several small chips in it. Not sure what I'll do when it starts getting bad.

Pic:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.