Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Penn State Bitches
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Considering blacking out my emblems because i think they would flow better with the tinted windows and tails and my grillcraft after i blackout my headlights because the silver might not look good with black lights and just wanted some opinions. Also what kind of paint would be best. Heres the car.

·
Penn State Bitches
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm didnt even consider the spray tint to get black chrome thatd be interesting, got bored and photoshoped this.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I too was thinking of doing this a while ago... my car is PWP and when I did my blackouts I thought it only appropriate to do the emblems black....

Now I've seen it on a white car!!!!! Looks good IMO. Only thing holding me back is that I still have stock rims that are metallic...

I say go for it.

Oh yeah... other thing holding me back is the possiblity of chiping paint.

I'd use the same paint you use for the blackouts (emblems are the same material) Krylon fusion specially made for plastics with no priming. :thumbsup:

LOL Just saw the plates on that white car....

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
lol this is actually my car, but it's a photoshop. I haven't done it yet because I'm waiting to get coils (I'm on a-spec suspension), I want a more aggressive drop before I go wild on the body, otherwise it wouldn't look right
Yeah, I figured that was your car by checking the location of the pic...

I found this thread too by you:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=416023&page=2

I'm pretty much stalking you at this point.

Anyway, I was gonna ask what kinda paint you used but I don't think photoshop makes paint LOL.

I was thinking of doing this in the same black I did my blackout headlights in.... but black chrome would be tight.

just FYI to people reading this thread, in the one I just posted, theres a black RSX with 02-04 tails and 05-06 front that has done this with a couple pics... kinda far pics tho. :thumbsup:

·
Penn State Bitches
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm doing it in may when this semester ends, already ordered the special 3m emblem tape ill post a diy whenever it gets done.

·
Evil Angel
236 Posts
I dunno how straight black would look on the blue, maybe something like the black chrome would be okay. On the white it looks fuckin HOT and color matched to the NHBP is nice and stealthy. But if that's what you want, give it a shot and show us what it looks like.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts