Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I amtrying to snag up some online deals so I can order the parts to make an intake for my 06 s-type, but I need to know what to get. My budget is mid-range around 60-100$. Any good suggestions for both ends of the spectrum?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there any major cons to creating a custom intake, other than a lower horsepower output?

·
isn't actually rich...
671 Posts
No not really... They all do the same thing. Location of the filter is what's important, and with an SRI or a custom one, it's too close to the header which increases heat soak which eats up your horsepower making it almost worse than stock. The CAI relocates the filter to down in the wheel well, by the windshield washer fluid bottle which helps the motor breathe much better.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would I need a splash guard for a cold air intake? And I also live in Maryland, would any tempurates during summer seasons cause problems in a cai?

·
0 Posts
I amtrying to snag up some online deals so I can order the parts to make an intake for my 06 s-type, but I need to know what to get. My budget is mid-range around 60-100$. Any good suggestions for both ends of the spectrum?
"Ebay".

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
or just mod the stock airbox.... take out the resonator only, get a K & N filter... and create a CAI style pipe with a velocity stack for better air inhaling :shady:

·
Registered
37 Posts
-k&n cone filter - $50
-hose clamps - $5 x3
-silicone hose
-custom pipes + supports
-3+ hours of fucking around with them
-possible engine lights and shitty performance

not worth my time imo.

you get what you pay for bro

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just don't floor your car through a puddle and you're good. It doesn't rain too much here so you don't have to worry about hydro locking

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Im living in semi-low lying areas where puddles are frequent. How fast would I not want to hit a puddle? I see you have a short ram on yours, do you think thatd be more worth the money?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just don't floor your car through a puddle and you're good. It doesn't rain too much here so you don't have to worry about hydro locking

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
I live in an area where low-lying areas are decently common in Rockville. Should I do what you did and go with a short ram, or would a cold air be more worth the money? And if I were to hit a puddle, what would be a safe speed to hit it at because i'm not trying to hydrolock myself. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts