Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys tried to get the stock black OEM skirts that came w/ Base Model painted?..y'all think that would look whack just like a Civic in a EuroShow Supercar convention?,currently have a greddy front lip on my Hi Revvn Base model.?any input is appreciated.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
260 Posts
actually, it would look 10x's better. if i had the time and money, i would do the same.

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
I was actually thinking about doing that too

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I just bought some type s side skirts for my base. Hoping it will look a lot better than that plastic black

6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aurilleous said:
I just bought some type s side skirts for my base. Hoping it will look a lot better than that plastic black
whats the difference between the Type S and Oem skirts frm the Base Model,it seems like that the Type S skirts are a lil bit thicker,correct me if im wrong.

9,696 Posts
Here I am. I painted them. Yes, it worked. It's very awesome. I too was tired of looking at that crappy cheap plastic. Plus, I saved about $100 instead of buying the Type S ones! I've had them painted for about half a year now. No problems yet at all. The place that did it put something on the parts to get the paint to stick real well.

9,696 Posts
About $350. I know, that sounds like a lot. But you pay for what you get.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
the type s skirts are painted the color of the car and in my opinion look 100% better than the ones on the base model. I would rather just get the type s ones than spending 350 to paint the ones that are already on the car. I got mine for 90 dollars and I am sure that there are some people on this board that want to get rid of theirs for that much. Just look around

9,696 Posts
Yeah, but y'all have more common colors. I couldn't find any that were my color. I tried the Acura dealer but it was going to be over $400 to get them! ha, so I saved money the best I could.

·
Spicy Raccoon
28,537 Posts
Plus, the typs S doesnt come in EBP.. so I'd have to get mine painted.

Also, what is this doing in the performance section :dontknow: Shouldn't it go in Style subforum somewhere?

Edit: nevermind.. since its a Base only question it fits in fine in the Base performance section. Pay no attention to me :wavey:

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
the skirts looks sooooooooooooo much better painted or swaped with type-s skirts, my rsx is complete now :) heh...everything is SSM now!

·
norcal member
27,851 Posts
the painted sides/front look way better....i have a base white,and got some pearl white sides/front from a type-s...matches great
anyways,you might wanna check local dealerships ,sale forum, or paint yourself

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I already tried pointing out that this is supposedly a base "performance" section, but noone really seems to care about organization, my opinion, this forum should be moved under a subcategory in the General forum, because that's basically what this forum is heh.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
are the sides and front lips hard to install? Do you just pop them off and then pop the new ones on or is there something else involved in the installation such as drilling? Im picking mine up in a week so I just want to know beforehand

1 - 20 of 22 Posts